My muse is on vacation

Comments

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Guss; Iput a green radial inside the emerald gemstone material ...That's how I got her to glow green but as far as lighting up the outside of the sphere...no I didn't mess with that part that does bear investigation.....Trish

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2013

Like this ?

I actually have the light outside the globe, towards the figure, as I did it with my Druid.

green_glow_2.jpg
    646 x 504 - 120K
    green_glow.jpg
    675 x 675 - 87K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole; Very Cool ...Thank you

edited December 1969

I changed this the crystal ball a little...to show maybe something was starting to show but wasn't there yet

ww.jpg
    331 x 662 - 78K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

That's pretty cool, Trish. But one question. With the amount of light being directed to her, shouldn't there be more light within the orb to match the intensity hitting her?

edited October 2013

Guss; yes probably but I toned down the diffuse quite a bit.. it made her too green the other way...Here is Mikey rendered with the Darkside

Mikey.jpg
    1457 x 877 - 200K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited October 2013

Mikey in the barn....rendered in Darkside...also created new shaders for the outfit....Trish

mikey_in_the_barn.jpg
    1439 x 855 - 324K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited October 2013

Just a quick Bryce render to see how this looks....just used 3 radials for light....no sky just backdrop....think I will replace the plants outside the door later on....I did put in water for the pool

building_1.jpg
    1303 x 762 - 813K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

Mikey in the barn....rendered in Darkside...also created new shaders for the outfit....Trish

I love this one. Lighting is very dramatic.

edited December 1969

Kismet; Thank you... I was very unsure about the lighting...Glad you like it....Trish

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I really like the shadow across that part of his face. Makes him look mysterious and totally in control of whatever comes next. The man in charge!

edited October 2013

Novica; Thank you mentor

This one is Bryce .......Lady on Bridge...I changed bridge,water,and light materials plus put in more water lillys.....Trish

Lady_on_Bridge.jpg
    1280 x 639 - 665K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Just a quick Bryce render to see how this looks....just used 3 radials for light....no sky just backdrop....think I will replace the plants outside the door later on....I did put in water for the pool

very nice - like the plants

edited December 1969

bigh; Thanks but I can't take the credit they came with the set

edited December 1969

Here are 1a,1b and 1c don't know which hair I like the best....LOL

1c.jpg
    1318 x 886 - 648K
    1b.jpg
    1108 x 877 - 487K
    1a.jpg
    947 x 897 - 502K
    edited December 1969

Happy Halloween!!

Happy_Halloween_1.jpg
    1948 x 900 - 827K
    edited December 1969

Vicki Victorian2

Vicki_Victorian2.jpg
    1305 x 603 - 448K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Vicki Victorian2

good one - ready for rain

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

Those latest images are really great, Trish. Really like the cowboy, light and shadow are super. As to the hair, I like the first one, it seems more life like. The bridge scene is really nice, you did a very good job with the bridge.

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

Happy Halloween!!

Looks like someone lost his head ;)

edited December 1969

bigh; Thank you

Guss; appreciate you coming to see what I am up to......

mori_mann; Yes his head got taken off by a branch while riding through the forrest.....LOL

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

A few thoughts on your recent posts...

Love the glow effect on the jack o'lantern!

Also really like your "Mikey in the barn" render (though I keep wondering what it would look like if you postworked it with some kind of sketch and/or grungy effect). The pose fits so well with the stark mood of the scene.

Awesome job on the water and lilies in that bridge scene!

edited October 2013

Thank you Scott

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

I usually don't post in here what I put in Llola's render challenge but I am happy with it so I am adding it here also............Its a Bryce render called.... Here comes the sun

here_comes_the_sun2a.jpg
    1403 x 700 - 709K
    edited December 1969

Vicki Victorian2

So the shadows on the eaves of the house mimic the shadows of the umbrella spokes- or was that a happy accident? (And did you other folks notice it!)

edited December 1969

I usually don't post in here what I put in Llola's render challenge but I am happy with it so I am adding it here also............Its a Bryce render called.... Here comes the sun

Beautiful colors- love the pinkish on the swans too.

• TeofaTeofa Posts: 823
    edited December 1969

This is very good Trish, bright yet soft, the ripples/reflections.. it has the look of some watercolors I adore. Swans are so right.

edited October 2013

Novica; That's why you are the mentor and I am the mentee(spelling) Its the fillagree (spelling) on the house....silly...and of course I didn't notice it till you pointed it out....

Standfast;Thank you......I was hoping it wasn't too bright

Post edited by Trish on
  • TeofaTeofa Posts: 823
    edited December 1969

Novica; That's why you are the mentor and I am the mentee(spelling) Its the fillagree (spelling) on the house....silly...and of course I didn't notice it till you pointed it out....

Standfast;Thank you......I was hoping it wasn't too bright

Normally for me, it would be, but the water pulls the light in, softens it, leaving a translucent glow. This is the kind of stuff I would actually put on a wall.. with the right mats, framing and room. I'm pretty fussy about my walls. :). Fussy enough that although I worked for Hadley House.. oh.. 6 years or so, there isn't a Redlin on my wall.

edited October 2013

standfast; Thank you I just noticed what you wrote about opinions......That is the truth!!! sometimes I feel I can't express myself without a snide remark coming back at me......oh well some people.. I am not in the click... LOL...I got mad at Dark side today because I could not for the life of me get this mirror to reflect.....so I put it in Bryce choose the mirror material and was done with it.......

vicki_fire2.jpg
    1111 x 862 - 412K
    Post edited by Trish on