My muse is on vacation

Comments

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Ok well a few more from 2009....Then I will go back to creating more new things just wanted you to see what can be done by Bryce and me hope you enjoyed it and thanks for commenting and looking....Trish

The_Red_Planet_2.jpg
    864 x 579 - 268K
    Park.jpg
    864 x 579 - 645K
    Lost.jpg
    864 x 579 - 311K
    edited December 1969

more old stuff...I just can't seem to come up with any new ideas lately.........

Venus.jpg
    1004 x 753 - 569K
    Transparency.jpg
    864 x 580 - 358K
    The_Gold_Mountains.jpg
    864 x 580 - 512K
    Sawtooth_Mountain.jpg
    1004 x 753 - 496K
    Absolute_Values.jpg
    864 x 580 - 434K
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

The one with the waterfalls is amazing!

edited December 1969

Thank you very much!! I appreciate you commenting and looking

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Trish: Your newer images I've seen, and commented on in the show us your renders thread. Your older images are really good, especially the one of the waves and heavy fog--also looks like a slight rainbow is present.

One thing I've noticed is that light intensity is sometimes stronger than it would be in nature. Take the cat stalking the animals for instance. The intensity of the light is higher than what those clouds would allow, making the colors brighter than they actually would be. Also causing the cats' shadow to be stronger than it should be. Look at the forest image with the black horse looking away from the camera. The light is right for the density of the forest, causing a person to look towards the brighter area at the far end. Also, the composition is great, a triangle which helps draw the eye to the apex. To me, it's a well balanced image with light, color, and symmetry complimenting each other.

As to what you want next, ever done a small village, similar to the ones Pam and Dave have done?

edited December 1969

Guss; Thank you for your honesty and a village is a very good idea......meanwhile I was playing with clouds and they came out pretty good but I needed something with them so here is......attack dragon

attack5.jpg
    1438 x 718 - 502K
    edited December 1969

I didn't do too much to this one because I noticed a dragon head in the clouds to the upper right and thought I would leave it alone

attack6.jpg
    1386 x 691 - 437K
    edited December 1969

Hello all; to whoever is out there this is my second Daz render and it needs your help......

vicki_warrior1.jpg
    1362 x 857 - 802K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

See your other thread.

edited December 1969

Thank you Jaderail.....There are just too many lights cameras and bells ....ect that I don't know about with Daz ...I think I will watch more videos and do some reading.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Okay Trish, here we go. (First of all, totally in awe of anything Bryce, I haven't even started with that one yet. Hence, no comments from me on any of those as I don't know how that operates.)

I spent 5 months just on spotlights, distant lights, point lights. Those I know. If you're willing to try a quick experiment, this will give you a better jump start on one approach to those. (Aka, mine. Not necessarily the right way, lol.)

To best learn lights, try a night scene. If you're up for this: Take your last figure and rename it so we don't ruin your nice original, remove all lights. Place a distant light directly to her left, directly to her right, and directly in front of her. If her head is at, say, 7 o'clock, make the lights at 11 o'clock. NOT directly overhead, but slightly above her head. You do know that you can Create>Distant Light>Perspective View and the view you had in the camera (Perspective) will be that light's location? Then you can go off of Perspective view, choose Distant Light 1 for the VIEW- and when you move in the viewport it WILL MOVE THE LIGHT. Took me almost a year to know that, as I kept working in the Perspective view!

Now, set all three Distant Light shadows to 50%. You can always lower those later. Put the lights to a soft blue if your character has ruddy skin tones or gold tones. Vice versa, if she's blue go light pinkish white. Set the intensities to 25%. Now decide which side you want to have more light and increase it. Obviously, for this gal, the light on the left (I reference left and right as WE ARE VIEWING IT) is most important. Increase that distant light and reduce or keep the same strength, the distant light on our right.

Now for the oomph. Create a new spotlight by going to Perspective and getting a top view (I don't use Top view, I might want a slight angle.) Try to get the view where you aren't lighting her, just the sword. Then Create>Spotlight > Perspective view and shine a light just on the sword. You can then experiment with blues, peaches, gold- make that sword pop!

I sometimes use a spotlight shining UPWARDS from the feet to illuminate under the chin and give a faint glow to the outline of the face. And I mean very dim!

edited September 2013

Novica; ok thank you!!! I just downloaded all of the free dreamlight tutorials ......WOW I just learned how to frame a scene and what some of the buttons do so give me a sec......and I will be back.......This is really hard compared to Bryce!!!!

jane4.jpg
    704 x 862 - 252K
    jane01.jpg
    799 x 387 - 81K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

I hope I am kind of getting the concept of lighting a little bit...........

warrior5.jpg
    1197 x 885 - 296K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

You are doing fine. One thing to try- adjust the lights so one side is dimmer than the other. You need a bit more contrast- think dramatic. :)

edited December 1969

Another Bryce render "Lone Horse"

Lone_Horse.jpg
    1316 x 656 - 363K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

oh (s)he does look lonley in that glorious setting.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

You're very welcome, Trish.

Looovvveee the dragon. Breath mints anyone? Clouds look good too.

Those DAZ images are really neat.

edited September 2013

Chohole and Guss; thank you sooo much for coming over to see what I am up to....I really appreciate it. I would have really liked the dragon better with fire shooting out of his mouth...LOL....I am really loving the products from Horo and David its like a whole new world now..Trish Here is another new Bryce Pro render.......Old Ruins

old_ruins.jpg
    1263 x 630 - 770K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

Here is another from Bryce7 Pro......In case you can't guess I just love the sets designed by Merlin.....Trish

watching.jpg
    1192 x 632 - 708K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Here is another from Bryce7 Pro......In case you can't guess I just love the sets designed by Merlin.....Trish

last ones look super

edited December 1969

bigh; Thank you very much !! Trish

edited September 2013

Heres another new render from Bryce....Storm Castle...hope you like it render time was almost 4 ever...Trish

Storm_castle1.jpg
    1070 x 534 - 431K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Some of these Bryce renders have a really appealing illustrative quality to them. Wish I could do that (I need more practice in Bryce...). I particularly like the Ruins one...the lighting came out really well, and I like the color palette.

I like the clouds on the latest one.

edited December 1969

Scott; I thank you very much....I wish I could do as well with Daz as you, but that is really hard for me....here is one I called " The Manor House"

The_Manor_House2.jpg
    1263 x 630 - 821K
    edited December 1969

Ok now I am hung up on castles......LOL This is " The Lost Battle"...........Trish

lost_battle2.jpg
    1333 x 665 - 591K
    edited December 1969

This is a really neat village so many possibilities...rendered in Bryce of course....Its called Provence made by Faveral...goes right into Bryce no problems.......Trish

france5.jpg
    1158 x 578 - 557K
    france3.jpg
    1298 x 648 - 759K
    edited December 1969

This one is with people which I am not good at.......Trish

france6with_carand_people.jpg
    1351 x 674 - 620K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You're doing well with that set. Looking really good.

edited December 1969

Thank you chohole....I am really surprised that it went into Bryce so easy being a whole town but I am enjoying it that's for sure...Trish

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

you got it working now !