Converting Bar Soomian to Iray

3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225

I've been able to convert the character's surface to Iray but the arms surface from Four Arms for Genesis are another matter crying  Copying the surface from the upper arms doesn't work.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Copy and paste won't copy the shader applied, and will copy maps (which presumably don't match). A Shader preset (or two, one for skin and one for nails) may be better - that does save the shader used, and you can use the emnu in the Options dialogue (the lined button part way down on the right) to save only values (so the mapss tay as they were). To use a Shader preset you need the figure and oen relecvant surface selected to save, then the arms and all the surfaces you want to apply the preset to to use (Surface Selection Tool is useful for this).

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225

Copy and paste won't copy the shader applied, and will copy maps (which presumably don't match). A Shader preset (or two, one for skin and one for nails) may be better - that does save the shader used, and you can use the emnu in the Options dialogue (the lined button part way down on the right) to save only values (so the mapss tay as they were). To use a Shader preset you need the figure and oen relecvant surface selected to save, then the arms and all the surfaces you want to apply the preset to to use (Surface Selection Tool is useful for this).

Thanks muchly, Richard; will give it a go laugh  yes

Thank you so much, Richard; here's the result:

Am happy with the way the torso and the second set of arms came out laugh yes  For some reason I was able to save the torso as a shader preset but it didn't work for the arms, so I saved that as a material preset and applied it to the arm surfaces.  I can always PS the geo-graft join at the pecs wink

While the four arms hack did work, the shader preset didn't work for the geo-grafted tusks and antennae sad  I also tried saving the face surface as a material preset but that didn't work either.  In addition the geo grafts are a little "raised" as seen below: 

Any suggestions on how to fix the MATs to be consistenet with the rest of the skin and how to get the geo-grafts to fit the face properly? angel  blush

• Hmm, they should fit automatically - I'm not sure what might be happening there.

Hmm, they should fit automatically - I'm not sure what might be happening there.

Sorry for the extremely late response: had to sort out personal matters.

While it rendered fine in 3Delight, the spacing was evident in Iray.  I tweaked the displacement settings and that solved the issue.  The attenae and tusks still remain problematic, though.  Will probably put this aside for the moment due to aforementioned matters.

Many thanks for the help yes