Daz Studio file locations?

Hi. I searched this topic, but didn't find this specific question answered, so I'm asking myself.

Is it possible to install DS into it's preferred default locations, but have my own creations (scenes, characters, wearables, presets, etc.) stored elsewhere, like on a removeable drive? Or will storing elsewhere still leave "fingerprints" on my C:\ drive? My daughter would like to start learning 3D design, but I'd rather her not stumble upon some of my more adult-oriented creations or downloaded products (like from Renderotica),

Thanks.

Comments

• Saved files use relative paths where possible to link to textures and assets - that is, as long as the targets are in a content diectory all that gets stored is the location within the content directory. You can create a new content diectory for saved files anywhere you like (but with a removable drive watch that the operating system doesn't assign a different drive letter/identifier in different sessions) or you can simply save (from the File menu) to any location you like, even if it isn't a content directory. Note that your daughter will need to have the content installed, the saved files don't embed textures or files loaded from native formats.