Genesis 3 Female responding really slow

Having loaded a few models into a scene, such as Genesis 3 female, and perhaps a robot or something...

When I adjust the g3f charactor, moving legs, or adjusting emotions, and moving eyes, anything like that, it takes a very long time.  i get a "not responding", and my program will glitch out for a minute or two.  It takes for ever to respond.

The other model, any other model or charactor I load responds normally.

What can be the cause, and how can I fix this?

I do us a charactor preset, as I created a charactor by mixing one or two or three other g3f charactors.

I tried yelling at it, and I tried kicking it, but nothing is working.

How can I solve this issue with out reinstalling the program.

Comments

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Hmmm, do you use mesh smoothing on that character? High mesh smoothing values slow its draw time considerably.

• I regularly see this kind of behavior.  You can try:

1.  a) Set the Mesh Resolution on the character that is 'laggy' to Base.  b) Do the same for any other figures. 

2.  Hunt down all HD morphs and set the values to zero, especially if the relevant figure(s) are not in close up.  Also on hair and clothes.

3.  Hide anything that will be out of camera shot; delete it if you can.

4.  Reduce 'a few' characters to 'less than a few'!  Consider using 'billboards' for characters in the background.

If at some point the lag disappears, you can perhaps re-instate the morphs and high mesh resolution and you may find one that is the main cause of the lag.

Daz Studio will start to lag as more memory and CPU cycles are consumed.  It sometimes seems like moving one little bone leads to DS recalculating the position of every vertex in the scene, including all the ones bound to all the bones you didn't move.

• And ya, paintbox, Thank you both for your input. I'll try when I return to the city.