32nd Daz3D Bryce Render challenge ### In The Dark Of The Night ###

Comments

• Henryhor - very well done, great entry.

Stuart B: very spooky and nice lighting.

Horo: both entries are beautiful, with wonderful lighting.

adbc: beautiful scene, and the moon looks great

ed3d: nice entry

Drachenlords: spooky scene, your second entry... and your last entry is beautiful

Henryhor: your little Ghost is so cute... and the Title of your entry is perfect. wink (by the way, I love this song)

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,096

Horo : Outstanding dark night scene.

Eugenius Maximus : thank you.

drachenlords : very well done scene, great lighting.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,111
    edited October 2018

mermaid - thank you.

Yellow Pen - thank you.

adbc - thank you.

My third entry (can happen when you take a nap under dave's moon laugh).
    Title: Weird Dream.

Weird Dream

WeirdDream.jpg
    1200 x 825 - 395K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • @ Slepalex: You're welcome. Incidentally - a useful reducer is the program Vizup. But at the moment I think it costs $ 150 frown

@ Henryhor: Thank you

@Yellow Pen: Thank you

@ adbc: Thank you.

@ Horo: Weird Dream - cool! Like a neon poster from the old days. I like it.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Drachenlords: great work! I think the man with the wand is protecting our night watch. Nightwatching is a dangerous affair!

Horo: you bring great light in our dark night! very nice colours.

• HenryhorHenryhor Posts: 258

@ Yellow Pen: thanks. It's just the DAZ ghost with a dynamic cloth. I like that song also.

@ Horo: apparently that tea in the first entry wasn't that innocent. Trippy. Negative light?

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,988

Horo - beautiful, very colorful Weird Dream

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

@drachenlords... Go to Wallhalla... Wonderful and that fire is so great   another great image...  and then there's The Darkest Hour... yet another great image ...love the rose window in the church... Night Watchman... another wow of an image great lighting
    @henryhor...The Ankou Rides Again... Outstanding image .. fabulous lighting and mood...  Every Night in White Satin.. very cute humorous image...sometimes you gotta check on that stuff
    @stuartb... Don't Go Into The Woods, Sarah... Really great...and those ghostly faces are wonderful
    @horo... Reading Time... Fabulous image.. excellent lighting and what a cozy mood you have created here   Take a Nap is just fabulous as well.. love the contrast of the night and the glowing fire...  Weird Dream is weird and wonderfully psychedelic... I'm having a flashback!
    @adbc... Beware the Wolves...excellent image and love the shadows
    @ed3d... nice magical witch image..
    Still struggling with my first entry...

• HenryhorHenryhor Posts: 258

@ mtnmen: thanks

drachenlords - thank you.
    Hansmar - thank you.
    Henryhor - thank you. Partly negative light. I added two different HDRI and subjected the result to a 5x5 diagonal Sobel filter and HDRShop flips the negative values to positive - which is usually bad and has to be compensated by adding a uniform HDRI with positive pixel values of the lowest negative one. But in this case I liked the result.
    mermaid - thank you.
    mtnmen - thank you.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited October 2018

Drachenlords: Great, love the inclusion of the rat and Nightwatchman has fabulous lighting and storytelling.

Henryhor: Haha... That's funny. laugh

Horo: That fire looks inviting in all the darkness and the Dream one is very psychedelic.

Second entry from me because I thought I'd have to do one with my moon on it (though I've used the bonus 2D disc Moon).

Title: The Midnight Hour

I wish the clock face had been a separate item so I could have added ambient to light it up. I guess I could have done a work around but you can just about see the hands on the clock.

TowerMoon.jpg
    1000 x 650 - 280K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on

Excellent render Dave, I love it.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited October 2018

Perhaps, lucid dreaming, Horo - looks like it worked.

Great (thanks to Dave) moon works are finally being represented correctly. There has been the odd representation where the moon appeared as reversed or upsidedown, stars appearing in dark regions near the terminator (think of a half moon), clouds behind the Moon (I've done so myself), and other artistic errors not using Bryce.

Have we reached a stage (here on Bryce) of how the Moon looks normally throughout its orbit, and use of the phases expected? Hope so.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

@Jay.

Depends where in the world you are.

In Australia it is upside down compared to the UK.

edited October 2018

Horo : beautiful colours, very attractive image.

mtnmen, Yellow Pen : thanks for the nice comments.

Dave Savage : outstanding render.

Finished my second entry : a mix of modeling with wings3D, some free objects and Bryce stuff. "Scary night"

scary night.jpg
    700 x 805 - 125K
    Post edited by adbc on
    edited October 2018

True, true, Stuart...didn't I abuse my northern hemispheric perspective bias...sorry to those who view the Moon elsewhere. Btw, as a freeware, do download Stellarium (click on appropriate at top) - a wonderful free work.

Jay

edited October 2018

That's really good Dave.

I took this in March 2017 with a Nikon D3300 and a 70-300mm zoom lens.

Moon2.jpg
    790 x 757 - 441K
    Post edited by StuartB on
    edited October 2018

AdBc...wouldn't want to meet that reaper.

Nice (northern-hemispheric cheeky) shot, Stuart.

Jay

Adbc - outstanding entry well done.

• drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821
    edited October 2018

@ Hansmar: Thank You.

@ mtnmen: Thank You.

@ Dave Savage: Thank you.

The Midnight Hour: Great light from your great moon. Because of the clock - did you ever try to put a cylinder behind the hands? You could give it Ambience.

@ adbc: Very scary scene and well done.

@ StuartB: Cool photo.

Post edited by drachenlords on

Yes Jay, Leicestershire, UK.

The Midnight Hour: Great light from your great moon. Because of the clock - did you ever try to put a cylinder behind the hands? You could give it Ambience.

Yes, that was one of the work arounds I coild have done. But the clock face is part of the UV map so it would have meant making a new clock face and then it all got too complicated... So I just made the clock hands (which thankfully are separate) reflective to get as much light bouncing off them as possible. smiley

edited October 2018

Stuart: Great shot... I've taken many close up (more accurately zoomed in, I've never managed to get closer to it yet laugh) photos of the Moon too... But from this year, this is one of my favourites... Stood out in a very cold snow covered field at daft o'clock in the morning last February.

FullMoon.jpg
    640 x 960 - 36K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited October 2018

Cheers, Stuart and Dave...for highlighting luna (the brightish-rayed crater seen below is famously known as Tycho - took this shot some months ago).

Jay

tychobryce.jpg
    1127 x 980 - 1M

Super shot... Any clearer and we'd be able to see The Clangers queing up at the Soup Dragon's place Jay. laugh

edited October 2018

Dave - thank you. Midnight Hour looks great with the bright moon. Yes, the hands can be seen. Perhaps a faint narrow spot could make it a tad brighter.

Jay - thank you. Great Moon shot. I also made a few but not so detailed. About the size of Dave's, or half of Stuart's.

adbc - thank you. Beautifully done. The reaper looks bored, better not go too near to him.

Stuart - well done Moon shot.

Post edited by Horo on

The 'Clangers'...Dave...so much wonderful memories blush

Horo, these days mobile cameras can be of great help. Btw, here is a wonderful vid (YouTube link) on people actually seeing the Moon through a telescope for the first time - guranteed will make anyone happy about themselves...I promise.

Jay

Excellent shots of the moon Dave and Jay.

I see it that big every now and then Dave, just as it comes over the horizon.

Jamahoney, mermaid, drachenlords, Horo : thank you.

Dave Savage, Jamahoney : really beautiful photos of the moon !