HD morphs and lighting

I'm almost always using Dome and Scene with sphere primitive as the sun node. Maybe 1 or 2 spotlights as "helper lights" when needed and if it's a indoor scene i add ghost lights.

Most of the time hd morphs are clearly visible no matter if its bright or dark. And sometimes i can't get them visible at all. And my subdivision levels on my characters are always 3 or 4.

The character below has alot of stretchmarks and cellulites from "Aging Morphs for Genesis 8" on her belly and hips but they wont show up on this render. What is causing this?

I know it's not the morphs fault. It's something with lighting i think. But what? And why do they work in some scenes and not in others?

It's happening with all kinds of hd morphs. Not just those mentioned above. 

40.png
1920 x 1080 - 5M

Comments

• The light is pretty soft, and the bright areas are behind her. If you want detail to show you need sharper light, at an angle to the detailed surface. This is why (soft) candle and gas lighting was said to be more flattering than the (much sharper) electric lighting.

• Thanks!

I took the easy route and just made everything invisible apart from the girl :p

How would i make the lights sharper? Do you mean the shape of the light itself or the light color?

• I meant a more contrasty HDRI, or using SunSky, or using local lights with no sahpe applied or with a small area. A harsh lamp light, as oposed to a soft, diffuse light from a screen say.

• Oh i see! I will remember that. Thanks!