Trouble With Braids On OOT's Double Tails Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Female

The texture of this hair is so real, I love it. But I can't figure out how to pose it. With the hair loaded on a G8F, I move the head, and the braid ends stick in one place. The rest of the braids stretch and elongate like a rubber band. If I move the neck or the chest, the braids will follow, but when I move the head only, the braids stretch. Suggestions? See pics below....the end of her right braid is stuck in the exact same spot when I move just her head.

Capture1.JPG
430 x 426 - 31K
Capture2.JPG
432 x 420 - 33K
Capture3.JPG
387 x 381 - 24K

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992
    edited October 2018

Have you tried selecting the hair node itself in the scene tab, and then go to the Parameter tab, under "Actor"? There usually should be some posing morphs for the braids and the hair, according to the product page.

Also, make sure that you use the G8 version on G8, not the G3 version, as autofit can cause problems with hair.

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • Eddy79Eddy79 Posts: 1
    edited August 2022

Found this post while searching for a solution.  Turns out while I found none here, I found a workaround while messing around since in the same product there's also the "longtails" you can load in and these works correctly.  I loaded both the longtails and the braids on the same figure then used the transfer utility and used the longtails as the source and the braids as the target, now the braids follow the pose of the head and you can use the sliders of the longtails to pose the braids, works good enough for what I had to do. Maybe there's a way to transfer the bones from the longtails to the braids but I don't know how to do that.  You can compare the bones of these using the joint editor and you can see the problem, but I don't know how to fix it.

Post edited by Eddy79 on