Dforce Viewport Problem

Every time I do a dforce simulation, the aspect frame in the Iray (not 3Delight or other) viewport goes a blank white. If I save the scene and restart Studio, it goes away. There is no problem with the simulation itself.

I can't find any comments about this on the net.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Sounds like a GPU/driver version - as if, perhaps, it can't cope with refreshing the OpenGL viewport and doing the OpenCL work for the simulation. What GPU do you have? Have you tried using a diffrent driver version?

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080. Latest driver.

Does the iray viewport use OpenGL?

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080. Latest driver.

Hardly underpowered then, but it may be worth either trying an older driver or completely uninstalling the driver and reinstalling.

Does the iray viewport use OpenGL?

Yes, for the smooth shaded view while the scene is being prepared and for gizmos, overlays and so on even once the Iray image is up.

• Thanks I'll look into it. Changing driver may be a problem for games. Unless there is a work around I guess I'll just restart since simulation isn't something you do constantly. 

• Switch to a different drawing style during simulation calculations. I have the Lights and Cameras tab set up in Hidden Line, and the tabs for Simulation Settings and Tool Settings open in that. If you're calculating a simulation in an Iray-rendered preview window, and you only have the one 1080, you're putting too much on the display driver, which is optimized for games, and not more intense rendering solutions like Iray to begin with.

• I seem to be having a similar issue. Simulating Dforce makes my viewpoint go totally blank. Also running a 1080 (technically two), and the issue happens whether i'm simulating a frame or a timeline. Can't even finish one frame.

Clearing the simulation gives me the viewport back. re-loading the scene after saving seems to have no errors that I've seen so far.