Files do not exist?

It keeps telling me the files do not exist.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Daz3d and the files, but it's not working.  It says this with Genesis 8 along with other files, that they do not exist but they do I think they are in the wrong location so I have to manually download everything and put them in the right location?  It looks like.  I don't know if there is any other way.  I'm not sure what caused this.

Comments

• How did you install? Have you changed your content directory settings? From where in the UI are you trying to load?

• dalienashendalienashen Posts: 1
    edited October 2018

I installed using DIM, and I haven't changed anything.  I did a few updates on my laptop because my battery wasn't charging, I did a system reboot so that might have messed with it but I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Daz Studio several times.  The files are all loaded into the DIM.  I was trying to load it from within Daz Studio. My Daz 3D Library / People / Genesis 8. Says it's not there. Looks like I may have to manually add all of the files, but that is a lot of files and DIM does not seem to work anymore. Not sure if there is an easier way to get it to automatically show up there.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • So I found the files manually that they said could not be found by browsing to the file, but every time it still tries to open it in the same location where it isn't there.  I think it's a simple error in the path directory, such as it says "Documents" but when my computer updated it changed it to "Public Documents".  I'm unsure how to change the path so that it opens every time.  I apologize for posting a new discussion.  I could not find my thread on this forum.

• Merged threads.

If you go to Smart Content, and in the Products tab find Genesis 8 Starter essentials, then right-click on it I suspect you will find it has an Uninstall option, not an Install option. If so that indicates that the item was installed with Connect, which DS will then use in preference to the DIM install even if it can't find the files; if that is the case choosing Uninstall (which will not affect the DIM install) may be all that's needed to fix the issue.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Merged threads.

If you go to Smart Content, and in the Products tab find Genesis 8 Starter essentials, then right-click on it I suspect you will find it has an Uninstall option, not an Install option. If so that indicates that the item was installed with Connect, which DS will then use in preference to the DIM install even if it can't find the files; if that is the case choosing Uninstall (which will not affect the DIM install) may be all that's needed to fix the issue.

I know this an old post but thank you, you've solved an issue that was caused by a hard drive failure and errors that came to light on a mirrored hard drive I created.