Injection Pose without affecting Fit clothing

3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
edited August 2013 in Carrara Discussion

I have a pair of boots, and its got an Injection Pose for V4 feet to fit. When I load the boots, then inject the pose, the boots move as well, so I cannot get the feet to go into the boots?

Any ideas?

(Carrara 8.5.204)

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on

Comments

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

If the boots cover the entire foot, with none of it supposed to be visible, just turn visibility off for the feet.

Much quicker, and much less headache!

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 1969

OK, that's what I did, but I am using the YaToon2 shader, and seems that it conflicts with the "Visibility" of the foot and toe. Soooo...I made a invisible shader and applied that to the foot and toenail of V4. It works...

Seems like there should be a way for this to work, as a workaround worked this time. but if these were strappy-high-heels, then you couldn't use this trick.

Thanks for the reply!

edited December 1969

Yeah, maybe somebody who actually uses human figures in their renders may have a better answer.

I mostly use Cows. At least all the clothes made for Cows fit Perfectly every time! In fact, I never had any trouble fitting any of them no matter how extreme the pose.

Glad it helped.

Just for reference, I seem to recall being able to go into the vertex modeler, select the offending body parts, and then choose to "Hide Polygons" - that worked for NPR renders, which also have problems with alpha and transparency, so maybe it's something to keep in mind for future reference?

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Fixed in the release version of Carrara 8.5.

edited December 1969

What was fixed?

NPR can see (or not see?) alpha and transparency now??

NO FAIR!!

I'm too broke to buy 8.5!!!

Unless...

I don't suppose you guys take payment in old comic books?

Toys?

Bad Jokes?

Cat poop? (what the heck - I throw out a lot of it, and ya never know... somebody there may need some extra!)

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 1969

Argh!!! You will make me upgrade yet, won't you!

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

What was fixed?

NO FAIR!!

Unless...

Toys?

Bad Jokes?

Cat poop? (what the heck - I throw out a lot of it, and ya never know... somebody there may need some extra!)The shoe situation is fixed. There was a problem with center and end points not matching correctly. That has been fixed.

edited December 1969

What was fixed?

NO FAIR!!

Unless...

Toys?

Bad Jokes?

Cat poop? (what the heck - I throw out a lot of it, and ya never know... somebody there may need some extra!)

The shoe situation is fixed. There was a problem with center and end points not matching correctly. That has been fixed.

Oh.

OK.

I guess that saves me looking up postal regulations on mailing fecal matter...