Using Poser Artifacts in Daz Studio

I have recently discovered that all the Poser things I have downloaded from Freebie sites were not loading. I figured out that the Poser Content paths are serparate from the Daz Content paths and I did not update those when I move all of my content. So, I have added the Paths for Poser and moved some of the stuff in there to test it out.

One of the things I have is a Freebie from Renderosity called Classic Bedroom. It shows up in my Content Library now that I have the Paths set up properly. When I try to load it into the scene I am hitting some missing elements and I am not sure if these were supposed to be included in the download or if they come from Poser itself and don't exist in my Daz Studio install.

FYI - I haven't installed the Poser versions of most of the things I have purchased from Daz in order to save space. So, maybe there is simply an item I need to install from Install Manager that I have missed.

One of the files that can't be found is Construct.obz

Appreciate any help you can give!

Comments

• Is it just giving the name of the file, or does it give the relative path too (starting with Runtime)?

• /runtime/geometries/Primitives/Construct.obz

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,839

Construct.obz is a primitive that is included with Poser 11 (the ground plane if I'm not mistaken). So that's why it can't be found if you don't have Poser installed.

Obz files are just gzip-compressed obj files.

Now for the good news: If you can find somebody to tell you the correct dimension of that primitive you can re-create it with a DAZ Studio one, save that one into the folder indicated and with a text editor change the "construct.obz" in the classic bedroom .pp2 and .pz3 files to "construct.obj". This should then load with no further issue.

Although, the scene file also contains references to "camera.obz". I'm not certain whether DS currently replaces those automatically (as they are in-editor representation of the cameras, not actually renderable objects) or whether you need to create another stand-in to make them work.

• Thanks! I'll see if I can figure that out.

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305

That .obz is the upper part of the default background scene in Poser. It is a dome for the most part, with only the bottom shape changed a little. Usually it should not be included of any figure of prop (.cr* .pp*), but it mostly is included in scene files (.pz*).

(In the image, it is greatly reduced in size wink )

pp11-dome.JPG
    707 x 609 - 33K
  • AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,839

A full dome? Is the bottom open or closed?

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305
    edited October 2018

It's a full dome (half sphere) with a flat bottom, 2 material zones; Ground + Background (and as mentioned, the shape of the transition between the dome and ground is a little changed [curved]... not straight from the flat floor to the dome)

Post edited by glaseye on