off topic thread

Comments

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

@ Dartanbeck

Hi Dart.   I've been playing with your badlands kit,  and I really apreciate the inline help and information system incorporated into the product.  Can I ask, how was that set up?  I'd like to incorporate that type of note taking in my own scene creation mainly to keep track of what the heck I'm doing.  

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,838
    edited March 2021

create a group and type stuff in it's name

can do this in DAZ studio too

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited March 2021

WendyLuvsCatz said:

That's it?? Well...now I feel really smartsad  Thanks Wendysmiley

Post edited by ProPose on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Bunyip02 said:

Kookaburras don't talk, but they do laugh !!!!

holi cannoli.  they dont wanna share the joke?  lol

I did a bulk editing action and disabled comments and ratings on all my videos.surprise

Because some people are horrible. angry

One said they will dislike every video I upload because I had started disabling comments and consistently I have been getting that dislike ever since.

Sooooooo.... Troll food withholding time. yes

• mschackmschack Posts: 337

I know!  I wanted to troll you damn! :)

they have a cave troll.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Diomede said:

Aaargh!

Sorry, Wendy.  That really sucks.

it was a big one, 8K x 4K with indirect lighting to use the glow

was surprisingly fast relatively speaking but to no avail

only wanted an IBL so now using DAZ studio iray

could have used my Win10 and Octane of course

I still will try to do a Carrara native render afterwards though with a sky sphere and painfully added anything glow lights

If you only need it for lighting you can cut that size Waaaay down! ;)

ProPose said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Yep. So the first time I create the group, I drag whatever was in it back out of the group to empty it.

If I want it in ghosted letters, just deselect "Show in 3D View" and it goes gray

Yesterday's gig was FUN!!!

Happy Pi Day everyone!

Dartanbeck said:

ProPose said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Yep. So the first time I create the group, I drag whatever was in it back out of the group to empty it.

If I want it in ghosted letters, just deselect "Show in 3D View" and it goes gray

Thanks Dart....Been using your template, replacing your text with notes I want for myself.  Works for me. 

sometimes i read an old post i made and wonder if i should give up whiskey.  cant make sense of what i wrote.

@ProPose - I remember trying all manner of ideas to put notes into a scene before coming up with those nested group notes. It was a fun "Aha!" moment when I finally discovered that!

Mystiarra said:

sometimes i read an old post i made and wonder if i should give up whiskey.  cant make sense of what i wrote.

I know what you mean! 

I cringe terribly when a thread gets necromanced and I see my old posts, I have been known to delete some blush

and leave a red face emoji

edited March 2021

do David 5's hands look a bit well endowed?

Is it like foot length, an indicator?

dovecott206.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 379K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

looks like nesferatu hands.   camera perspective?

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083
    edited March 2021

Slainte.  Happy Saint Patrick's Day.

As an American with enough Irish roots to inherit the blood disease Hemochromatosis (or Irish curse), I wish to share this history of Saint Patrick's Day put together by the American embassy in Dublin a few years back.  We Americans really are annoying.  But you might enjoy the video.

Post edited by Diomede on

Ted, you need to bleed more, it was  obviously advantage for those getting flesh wounds wink

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Ted, you need to bleed more, it was  obviously advantage for those getting flesh wounds wink

Its true!  If I don't improve they will start regularly drawing blood.  Leeches!  No, I'm guessing they won't use leeches.  But I bet the bogs my ancestors lived in had lots of leeches and ticks.  angry

the trix rabbit after me lucky charms

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

on a similar note:

--ms

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,192

mindsong said:

on a similar note:

--ms

Very cool, thanks.

Any New Zealanders here?  Congrats to the Kiwis for their second straight America's Cup win.  I was in Newport RI, USA in 1983 when the USA lost the Cup for the first time in a hundred and something years. Texas had a skipper in one of the 12 Meter boats, but he did not end up defending ... and so did not lose the Cup.  Here is video of the Kiwi victory celebration 

Here are a few highlights from the race ... up to 60 mph!

https://vp.nyt.com/video/2021/03/10/92384_1_americascup-helicopters-3_wg_720p.mp4

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,804

our PM back in '83 laugh

Steve K said:

mindsong said:

on a similar note:

--ms

Very cool, thanks.

+1

Congrats for the America's Cup win

Stezza said:

our PM back in '83 laugh

Yes, that 1983 win by Australia was truly history making.  And almost certainly the inspiration for the 1992 movie “Wind”, with Jack Thompson playing the role of the Aussie challenge skipper.  The plot is pretty much Hollywood and USA tilted (6.5 at IMDB), but:

“ … some of the most exciting sailing footage I can imagine … There are shots and camera angles here so spectacular they amazed me; knowing what I know about cameras and photography, I wasn't able to figure out how the cinematographer got the shot … “  (Roger Ebert, Three Stars Out Of Four)

Some highlights, many filmed in the waters near Perth:

My wife & I used to race a 16' Windmill - no spinnaker or trapeze, but a planing hull, retractable centerboard (~keel), hiking straps for the feet, very light (200 lb.) and a whisker pole to go "wing and wing" (the two sails on opposite sides of the mast downwind).  (Picture attached, ignore the cruising boat on the left).  VERY easy to capsize, especially when one of us after a tack missed the hiking straps and fell out of the boat (really)..  You would think the current America's Cup boats would not capsize, but you would be wrong:

Windmill.jpg
    512 x 367 - 39K

i forgot how to bake an A pose

This discussion has been closed.