Your own face on the M3, or the M4 characters

mhscspomhscspo Posts: 101
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

what is the best method or best program to use to put your own face on one of the Daz characters

Comments

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538
    edited December 1969

Morphs will be hard. V3 had a set called something like "Face Sculpting" that was a LOT of fine detail morphs. I don't know if it ever crossed over to M3 or V4.

MATs could be a little easier. Various modelling packages let you apply a photo directly to the model and create the texture map for you. I think Blacksmith 3D and zbrush both have this feature.

Are you going to animate it? If I had to do this for a still image, I would learn how the people do the celebrity fakes in photoshop and do it that way.

• Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

If you're running Windows then I hear Faceshop does a pretty decent job http://www.daz3d.com/faceshop-8-win. Can find it here in the store http://www.daz3d.com/faceshop-8-win

I don't really know much about this sort of thing, but it's a start.

• Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

pwlecek raises an interesting idea. I know with Blender you can apply images to geometry, but it is a quick and dirty trick. Even with Faceshop you will need to fix up the back of the head.

• mhscspomhscspo Posts: 101
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I tried using an earlier version of Face Shop but didn't like the results, I really couldn't get the head to match up with the face, guess I have to learn how.

• McGuiverMcGuiver Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

You could take a re-named copy of the M4 face texture into photoshop (or similar) and add your face in it's place. It would take a bit of work to get everything stretched and toned just right, but it is possible. shadows can be problematic using this method.

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

I suggest also to keep an eye on the developments with the Kinect sensor.

On YouTube, as a search term, type e.g. "face recognition+kinect".
    or: "brekel+kinect".

• mhscspomhscspo Posts: 101
    edited December 1969

thanks guys, I just by chance do have a kinect sensor, I'll try it with that and I'll also try photoshop!!