Does DAWN work in Carrara 8.5?

2»

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,921

Good info.. thanks therixx yes

• therixxtherixx Posts: 93

Thank you @Stezza. Stay tuned for the final version ;-)

Here we are, folks. Maybe I'll do some minor changes and add a PDF version, but all the information is here:

www.riccardocorso.it/text/tut-cgi-dawn-carrara.php?lang=en

Again, special thanks to @PhilW :-)
    Really, without all the things I learned from you, I would not even have thought to write this stuff.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,099

Thank you, therixx.  Much appreciated.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,143

Therixx - it's you who has done the work in making Dawn work in Carrara, I feel I am being thanked for not having done anything! You should take a bow yourself!

@PhilW, what I mean is that your info about using the DS version and not the Poser one put me on track and made me start all the testing. And what I learned from your tutorials allowed me to get the workaround for the shader lashes problem :-)

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,143

Well, glad it helped, but you still did most of the leg work!

edited May 2016

does anyone know of or is there a clothing transfer utility to transfer G3 M&F clothes to Dawn and Dusk or even back to G1?

Post edited by Stezza on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

There is for autofitting to Genesis 1:  http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-clones-for-genesis-bundle

For Dawn and Dusk you would need to create your own clones.

Thanks, I've tried that bundle.. doesn't work for Carrara... I guess it's not possible .. money saved smiley

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

Hey Stella, 

You can create your own clones for Dawn and Dusk or I believe there is Evil Innocence's converter that has a dawn setting.

My apologies as I previously posted a link to a tutorial for getting Dawn into Carrara not realising it was the same as the one that was already posted. I didn't realise that Therixx and Riccardo are the same person...

Pen

Hi Pen, nice to see you here as well. Yes, sorry, Therixx and Riccardo are both me. Maybe I should choose a unique nickname...

• AeonicBAeonicB Posts: 165
    edited June 2016
    Pendraia said:

Hey Stella, 

You can create your own clones for Dawn and Dusk or I believe there is Evil Innocence's converter that has a dawn setting.

My apologies as I previously posted a link to a tutorial for getting Dawn into Carrara not realising it was the same as the one that was already posted. I didn't realise that Therixx and Riccardo are the same person...

Pen

Crossdresser would be your best bet... but she doesn't support Genesis.  Your best bet is to wrap any clothes around the V4 clone after having bought the G3F shapes for Genesis and exporting them out that way:

http://www.evilinnocence.com/using-crossdresser-with-genesis/

Personally, I stick with V4 and older clothes, and convert to Dawn as needed.  If I plan on using her in Carrara, I just export a preposed model out of Poser.  Same with the HW3D horse.

I've mailed them about Carrara support, but I'm guessing they don't have any Carrara testers on staff.  It bites, because I want to support them more, but I'm better off supporting figures I already own from Daz's halcyon days.  G2F/M is really the last figure I've used and plan to purchase for.

Post edited by AeonicB on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,962
    edited June 2016

Dusk in my case,

I bought the Evilinnocence license which is for the Poser version but the clothes do a least size  to the correct shape for autofitting in DAZ studio without checking figure and clothing type is up to you, it can then be saved as a scene subset for Carrara.

Shoes are a different story, they mess up horribly.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on