dforce and Smoothing Modifiers

RobertDyRobertDy Posts: 236

Hi everyone, I'm very new to dforce and just tried a simulation today. I realized that with or without a simulation, the edges of the clothing around the breast remain rough and jagged, shown in the attachment. The problem is, I find that dforce is very slow on my system, I have a lousy graphics card. So all I'd like to do, if simulations are too time consuming, is to smooth out these edges. The breasts are using not only g3f morphs but also custom-made morphs I found on Renderosity.

Btw the clothing is https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/dforce-fantasy-gowns-for-g3f-and-g8f/123730/ , since it says it's for dforce I just loaded the clothing without going to dforce --> Add .... And I simulated it using memorised pose. Since my PC is slow, I reduced the gravity effect from 1.00 to 0.20, which makes the dress look unrealistic and sloopy. That's why I'm trying to figure out if I could just smooth the edges without having to simulate it. EDIT: even with 1.00 gravity, although the simulation is more realistic, the jagged edges remain as shown in the attachment.

dforce.png
913 x 513 - 949K
100percentgravity.png
917 x 515 - 433K
Post edited by RobertDy on

Comments

• Does reducing gravity have any effect on speed? That is rather an extreme shape, it may well be that the mesh can't cope - though you could try converting to SubD if it isn't (Edit>Figure>Geometry>Convert to SubD), or increase the render Subdivision value by 1 if it is already SubD.

• Are you using weightmaps? I have noticed that this can happen where the influence is transitioning to none.

-  Greg