• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited September 2020

Another Wrestling picture

6.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 2M
    Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited September 2020

Muscleman Released some excelllent Male/Male poses today. https://www.daz3d.com/love-is-love-poses-for-genesis-3-and-8-male

These are quite useful! Check them out. 

Oh, and I found the product pose selection slightly confusing. The  colors for the poses are grey and neon green. So if you click on those figure options you will have the correct pose. I am not sure why the posed characters arent the same values like neon blue/neon green. But they aren't. 

Guys.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    edited September 2020

Next up is Milton, part of the Milton sidekick bundle  Milton looks like he could've easily been a Holt or Edward release. Nothing about him screams superhero, no unusual eyes, no, strange makeup no extras at all. he isn't even spectacularly buff. 

He's okay. He's got a nice skin, a well defined middle-age body, slightly large ears an optional tat.

Nothing wrong with Milton, just not overwhelmed. 

milton.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 757K
    edited September 2020

Okay, next up in the Milton Bundle... XuanWu the Black Turtle Outfit

This is a Voltron-esque bodysuit with helmeted faceplate which conforms pretty well to Kio HD. The helmet covers the face and is quite mask-like, so  I left it off to show you can use it as armor.

This is a nice outfit, looks like what it is and renders quickly. I like it. It looks good.

55SEconds.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1011K
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,821

Looking at Milton, I almost wonder if he was maybe meant as a Tristan release, and he had the slot that Aron got swapped into. He's fine, and I have the bundle, but he absolutely does not fit the theme, or with Sukai.

edited September 2020

I agree. He is a style no-match, and not buff enough for me to see him as a super hero, plus his promos are littered with HOLT preset comments in fine print. Making me think he is a holt release. Even then- the promos look like quickies. They aren't especially detailed and could be done quickly with minimum fuss. So if he was made for Trystan, he could've been redone for Holt.

edited September 2020

So, Looks like DAZ studio 4.12 and my graphic card Nvidia GeForce RTX Super 2080 don't work well together. 

This is frustratring to me, since I just got this machine, and Daz Studio 4.11 works fiine. 4.11 has a previous version of IRAY and is less memory intensive.

This is a problem, since the new hairs don't parent to the figures, so I won't be able to use the strand hair, or dforce hair. I also can't use things like those poses with scripts, because they aren't compatible with  4.11

I don't get the ceaseless need to upgrade IRAY and therfor make the software increasingly unstable and unusable. Yes, I realize the show must go on, but my computer is within specs to use studio, and is less than a year old. 

There are serious issues with 4.12 and Nvidia, that need some attention. 

• So, Looks like DAZ studio 4.12 and my graphic card Nvidia GeForce RTX Super 2080 don't work well together. 

This is frustratring to me, since I just got this machine, and Daz Studio 4.11 works fiine. 4.11 has a previous version of IRAY and is less memory intensive.

This is a problem, since the new hairs don't parent to the figures, so I won't be able to use the strand hair, or dforce hair. I also can't use things like those poses with scripts, because they aren't compatible with  4.11

I don't get the ceaseless need to upgrade IRAY and therfor make the software increasingly unstable and unusable. Yes, I realize the show must go on, but my computer is within specs to use studio, and is less than a year old. 

There are serious issues with 4.12 and Nvidia, that need some attention. 

What driver are you using? The recent versions of iray require fairly new drivers, you can't count on a new PC having those (manufacturers tend to hae a disc image that they write to new builds, it doesn't usaully get updated that often - which is why you often find a bunch of Windows Updates are required).

edited September 2020

What driver are you using? The recent versions of iray require fairly new drivers, you can't count on a new PC having those (manufacturers tend to hae a disc image that they write to new builds, it doesn't usaully get updated that often - which is why you often find a bunch of Windows Updates are required).

I have the latest studio driver 27.21.14.5206

4.11 no problems rendering

4.12 020-09-05 15:40:11.619 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.5   IRAY   rend info : CUDA device 0 (GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER): Used for display, optimizing for interactive usage (performance could be sacrificed)
    2020-09-05 15:40:11.966 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.5   IRAY   rend info : Allocating 1-layer frame buffer
    2020-09-05 15:40:11.998 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [ERROR] - POST:RENDER ::   1.0   POST   rend error: A CUDA error occurred: out of memory
    2020-09-05 15:40:11.998 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [WARNING] - POST:RENDER ::   1.0   POST   rend warn : Failed to allocate device memory, falling back to CPU

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,276

I agree. He is a style no-match, and not buff enough for me to see him as a super hero, plus his promos are littered with HOLT preset comments in fine print. Making me think he is a holt release. Even then- the promos look like quickies. They aren't especially detailed and could be done quickly with minimum fuss. So if he was made for Trystan, he could've been redone for Holt.

When I saw him, I thought of the CW show, Stargirl, with the teenage girl superhero and the middle aged male sidekick....

• nemesis10 said:

When I saw him, I thought of the CW show, Stargirl, with the teenage girl superhero and the middle aged male sidekick....

LOL. Good catch. I would not have made that connection!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

I have the latest studio driver 27.21.14.5206

4.11 no problems rendering

4.12 020-09-05 15:40:11.619 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.5   IRAY   rend info : CUDA device 0 (GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER): Used for display, optimizing for interactive usage (performance could be sacrificed)
    2020-09-05 15:40:11.966 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.5   IRAY   rend info : Allocating 1-layer frame buffer
    2020-09-05 15:40:11.998 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [ERROR] - POST:RENDER ::   1.0   POST   rend error: A CUDA error occurred: out of memory
    2020-09-05 15:40:11.998 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [WARNING] - POST:RENDER ::   1.0   POST   rend warn : Failed to allocate device memory, falling back to CPU

You need a nVidia 3090 with 24GB RAM.

edited September 2020

Yeah, wouldn't that be nice. smileyThing is these requirements are caused by mods to the software and drivers. It works fine in 4.11.  A new card would cost 1499. That's not on the table right now. 

• Wierd.  I have a 950, and I'm still rendering GPU (albiet not on large scenes at all) with 4.12.

edited September 2020

Weird.  I have a 950, and I'm still rendering GPU (albeit not on large scenes at all) with 4.12.

I am not sure the hardware issues with DAZ 4.12 and Nvidia cards really makes a lot of sense, unless throttling back accomplishes something I don't understand it comes across as adding software limitations that force upgrade. . . My card has 8 gigs of Vram, the most powerful card I own, and it throttled in 4.12 in a way it is not in 4.11 It can't render Boyd and a pillow without dropping to CPU.  Yes I know I can run minimizer and all that. But I shouldn't have to.

It is weird, I have been rendering the same 2 characters for years, and its like slowly it has become harder and harder to use them, and forget using them in scenes.... I still have my old hardware, with old drivers, and it works fine, albeit slower, so it is definitely not my characters, but something that has changed with Nvidia/Studio/Iray. I realize old versions of Iray are less demanding. So why upgrade to a new version with such high hardware requirements? Seems like you will lose a lot of mid-range comptuer users that way.

By now, I figure I should be able to render the boys with ease, but nope, not the case. So I don't get the push to upgrade when it pushes out a whole group of people who otherwise were using Studio fine before.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

When I first upgraded to 4.12 I had a lot of issues like this, they do seem to have gotten better.  My system for some reason I have yet to figure out crashes if mine flip to cpu.  I run dual 2060's. The response I recieved for the issues is its not Daz Studio its the new Iray version.........

• I totally believe that the new version of Iray is causing problems with 4.12 which is why 4.11 seems to work well for me- it doesn't use the latest version of iray.

edited September 2020

Owen refuels Limousine Prince, while Boyd helps locate the missing tennis ball. All conveniently blocking the fact that the vehicle has no gas cap. 

gas.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 2M

Owen refuels Limousine Prince, while Boyd helps locate the missing tennis ball. All conveniently blocking the fact that the vehicle has no gas cap. 

I'm not sure I've seen a Daz/Poser car with a gas cap -- never mind an openable/removable one.

• no, I haven't either, but I'm going to keep my eyes peeled. Surely I can't be the only one wanting to refill my vehicles.

edited September 2020

no, I haven't either, but I'm going to keep my eyes peeled. Surely I can't be the only one wanting to refill my vehicles.

Given the sudden explosion of filling stations lately, I should think not! (Seriously, three of them in the two main stores in the past few months, after years and years of none at all. It's weird, it is.) (Also, the one by Powerage is, in all likelihood, just the teensiest bit illegal, and even allowing somewhat different standards than here, I'm astonished that Rendo allowed it into the store without alteration.)

Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited September 2020

They've been skirting the rules more lately I have noticed. Someone pointed out a Sherlock detective model over there...   

The gas station I used for the above render was  the powerage set. specifically because it has a working pump...which works great!  I bought it so I could pump gas, and the good news is I can, and also I can hide the rest of the items, in the scene, and use just the gas pump nozzles!

I combined it with that https://www.daz3d.com/earkhams-zworld-winter-gas-station

I liked the powerage set but the one weakness was the ground. Since my render tilts with the ground visible, it just didn't look that real.   The winter gas station ground looks hella real.

They've been skirting the rules more lately I have noticed. Someone pointed out a Sherlock detective model over there...   

The gas station I used for the above render was  the powerage set. specifically because it has a working pump...which works great!  I bought it so I could pump gas, and the good news is I can, and also I can hide the rest of the items, in the scene, and use just the gas pump nozzles!

I combined it with that https://www.daz3d.com/earkhams-zworld-winter-gas-station

I liked the powerage set but the one weakness was the ground. Since my render tilts with the ground visible, it just didn't look that real.   The winter gas station ground looks hella real.

In the game making hobby driving games are among the most popular. 

The Sherlock models is legal (check out when those Sherlock Holmes books were originally written) but selling models of brand name gas stations isn't. It they were giving those gas stations away as art it'd be a whole different story.

edited September 2020

Owen and Boyd eat burgers and fries courtesy of the new smartprop set. I actually really like this set. you can customize your burger entirely, and it includes a pose for right  handed people. Left handed people do not eat smart propped burgers, aparently. This burger is rather large. A friend joked you'd need to dislocate your jaw to eat it.... But it still looks great to me!

burgers.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M

Owen and Boyd eat burgers and fries courtesy of the new smartprop set. I actually really like this set. you can customize your burger entirely, and it includes a pose for right  handed people. Left handed people do not eat smart propped burgers, aparently. This burger is rather large. A friend joked you'd need to dislocate your jaw to eat it.... But it still looks great to me!

Really? What product is that?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

The melting dripping cheese (or is it mustard) looks nice, too.

edited September 2020

exnem burgers for Iray at rendo

barbult said:

I figure a burger that big had to have some secret sauce or something dripping from it. Rons slime and some liquid layer styles from graphic river made it easy.

exnem burgers for Iray at rendo

barbult said:

I figure a burger that big had to have some secret sauce or something dripping from it. Rons slime and some liquid layer styles from graphic river made it easy.

Thanks, awesome PA. I just added all their food to my wishlist. Looks good too, now I am hungry.

• I bought their ice cream cones as well, although I previously used their poser ones. Both work great. They make excellent food and it is fun to make your own meat or veggie burger. The ingredients look delicious.

• I am thinking of creating a second base directory which I can 'turn on' and off depending on what I want to render. I'm running into a lot of slowness when I load male characters, and I admit to having a ton of morphs, most of which I don't use. So I think one of the projects I will try this week, is creating a new runtime, to activate, and deactivate which will just have boyd and Owen and their morphs. Then when I need to add the othter guys, I will load their directory.

It is sad, but I think it is strange that by now, DAZ Store, has not come up with a way to stop every possible morph from loading.