I need help ! I can't open duf files in daz studio 4.10 pro

Hello I had purchase an some weapons . I am trying to test the poses with the weapons and also do other things. Some of the files will show in daz studio . But when I try to open an open I get an error everytime. 

Invalid hierarchy for selected node(s) and "preset_hierarchical_pose" type; no root(s) found.

WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=0
2018-09-14 22:07:16.004 WARNING: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

Running on Windows 10, Build 9200, No Service Pack Installed

What does all of this mean ?

Comments

• It means the file you are trying to load is a Hierarchical preset - a pose or material set that applies to a number of items parented to a specific figure, and possibly to the figure itself. You either have no selection or the base parent (the one to which the other items are parented) is the wrong figure for the preset. Hierarchcial presets are used for things like texturing an entire outfit in one go, or posing a figure and adjusting the placement of props to match the pose.

• It means the file you are trying to load is a Hierarchical preset - a pose or material set that applies to a number of items parented to a specific figure, and possibly to the figure itself. You either have no selection or the base parent (the one to which the other items are parented) is the wrong figure for the preset. Hierarchcial presets are used for things like texturing an entire outfit in one go, or posing a figure and adjusting the placement of props to match the pose.

I don't know what you mean by parent . I bought an weapons asset and it came with poses for it . I can't use them .

• Do you have a figure loaded into the scene or just the weapon? Have you in fact loaded the weapon?

• Do you have a figure loaded into the scene or just the weapon? Have you in fact loaded the weapon?

Do you have a figure loaded into the scene or just the weapon? Have you in fact loaded the weapon?

No. I don't have the figure loaded in the scene. I though when I click on the pose it load in the scene automatically .

• No, the pose preset just makes changes to something that is already loaded and selected. You need to load your figure, whichever is going to be holding the weapon, then load the weapon, then apply the preset.

• doreSm8doreSm8 Posts: 35
    edited September 2018

Oh okay. I was just gonna say . I don't have a weapon pose attach to an human

I was trying to just play the weapon pose by clicking on it 

The props will load in the scene when I click on them

It's the poses that won't 

Post edited by Chohole on
  • I trying to get the animation to play that all . I get an error when I click on it .

• I trying to get the animation to play that all . I get an error when I click on it .

Amx poses poses problem.png
    1366 x 768 - 198K
    Amx poses poses problem 2.png
    1366 x 768 - 156K
  • No, the pose preset just makes changes to something that is already loaded and selected. You need to load your figure, whichever is going to be holding the weapon, then load the weapon, then apply the preset.

I also have another problem I tried to install dson and it wouldn't install . I gotten this message .

Install error.png
    1366 x 768 - 166K
  • I believe this is the product you're trying to work with: https://www.daz3d.com/amx-assault-rifle-and-poses. When asking for help, it helps if you tell us if there is product involved, if it's just a figure, figure with a prop or anything else.

Normally with props, you load the figure, you use the preset that puts the prop in the hand and then apply any poses that were made specifically for the figure and prop.

• doreSm8 said:

No, the pose preset just makes changes to something that is already loaded and selected. You need to load your figure, whichever is going to be holding the weapon, then load the weapon, then apply the preset.

I also have another problem I tried to install dson and it wouldn't install . I gotten this message .

Do you have Poser installed?

• doreSm8 said:

No, the pose preset just makes changes to something that is already loaded and selected. You need to load your figure, whichever is going to be holding the weapon, then load the weapon, then apply the preset.

No

• I downloaded the install manager dson in with all of the files and it still error saying path.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

You are trying to apply a preset with nothing to apply it to.  The Check the Filter By Context box in Smart Content is not checked so the pane is showing everything, with the box checked it will only show content that is applicable.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,032
    doreSm8 said:
    doreSm8 said:

No

DSON importer is a Poser plugin, it won't install (and would be totally useless) if you don't have Poser installed...

• Leana said:
    doreSm8 said:
    doreSm8 said:

No

DSON importer is a Poser plugin, it won't install (and would be totally useless) if you don't have Poser installed...

Okay

• Leana said:
    doreSm8 said:
    doreSm8 said:

No

Leana said:
    doreSm8 said:
    doreSm8 said:

No

I have to buy the poser pro 

• doreSm8 said:

I gonna have to buy the poser pro . Unless their is another way I can get around it 

• doreSm8 said:

Is their something else I can buy other than poser pro that will work with dson 

• Daz Studio is already working with DSON. The DSON Importer for Poser is a plug-in to let Poser import some DSON files, if you don't use Poser you don't want or need it.

• Daz Studio is already working with DSON. The DSON Importer for Poser is a plug-in to let Poser import some DSON files, if you don't use Poser you don't want or need it.

How do I get the duf file pose to work ?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,032
    doreSm8 said:

Daz Studio is already working with DSON. The DSON Importer for Poser is a plug-in to let Poser import some DSON files, if you don't use Poser you don't want or need it.

As Richard said, you load the figure and weapon first, then select the figure, and then you load the pose.

edited September 2018

I will try that .

Post edited by doreSm8 on
    edited September 2018
    Leana said:
    doreSm8 said:

Daz Studio is already working with DSON. The DSON Importer for Poser is a plug-in to let Poser import some DSON files, if you don't use Poser you don't want or need it.

As Richard said, you load the figure and weapon first, then select the figure, and then you load the pose.

I got the weapon loaded . I still can't the pose to work  

Animation pose problem.png
    1366 x 768 - 232K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

I am doing something wrong . I choose the figure and got the weapons . I am suppose disable something.

• You were lucky the error box opened where it did. If you post any other images with human figures, either put clothes on them or remove all textures and skin tones. For more guidance, read Acceptable Ways of Handling Nudity

You have the gun selected in the scene panel. The pose is for the figure, not the gun.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

READ MY EARLIER POST!!!!!!!!

• jestmart said:

You are trying to apply a preset with nothing to apply it to.  The Check the Filter By Context box in Smart Content is not checked so the pane is showing everything, with the box checked it will only show content that is applicable.

Can you post a picture ?

• Just click on part of the human figure in the viewport, then try applying the pose.

• jestmart said:

Can you post a picture ?

I did that . I click on the one of the bones . I applied the pose . I still get an error

Just click on part of the human figure in the viewport, then try applying the pose.