DAZ Keeps Freezing When I Delete Attached Items from Scene OR Use AutoFit

DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536

When I go to delete a hair or clothing prop on G8F, every time my scene freezes up and it takes *way too long* to delete, and that's if I'm lucky--95% of the time it freezes to the point of no response, and I have to force crash DAZ. This also happens when I go to autofit items, again with G8F, from G8M or from Genesis 3.

Is it DAZ? What is going on? Is anyone else having this problem? This didn't use to happen. 4.10.0.107 is my current version--and I'm guessing it's DAZs too, cause I can never tell when DAZ actually updates Studio and I don't know how to check, either. :\

Post edited by DrowElfMorwen on

Comments

• 4.10.0.123 is the current version, there's a Check for Updates button in the general tab of Edit>Preferences (Daz Studio>Preferences on a Mac) and the current build is also listed on http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/start

• DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536
    edited September 2018

Well, unstalled my version, installed new version. Same problem. DAZ froze. Again.

• How long are you waiting before declaring it frozen? Are you checking to see if it has activity in Task Manager? Figures witha  lot of morphs can take a while to deleet as DS has to unhook all the references.

• DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536
    edited September 2018

Deleting clothing never used to take this long. Now it takes 10+ minutes--this is what I wait before realizing DAZ froze. I once waited almost an hour before forcing DAZ to crash (by simply clicking on the screen until DAZ went greyed out, then I got the "DAZ is not responding" message). This has all happened in the past couple of months. In the past, before everything decided to go wonky, it only took a couple of minutes, usually less than a minute, for an object to properly unhook and delete.

Also, even if I unparent an item the same thing happens. I've also tried deleting G8F from a scene, and it always freezes/crashes DAZ. As an experiment, I decided to unparent and unattach a hair, and then delete it... at 3:50 pm; it's now 4 pm. I have to crash DAZ cause it's not going to do anything. This is a completely unattached to anything hair prop. It shouldn't take 10 minutes to delete.

• I think this is fixed in 4.11.0.177

Fixed an issue with (re)parenting taking a significant amount of time on figures with many properties

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_11_0_177

• Wow an even newer version now? :o I hope it works. It froze again when I also went to delete G8M from a scene. I'll try it out!

• Yes, 4.11 fixed it!!! No longer a problem!!! Thank you!