Help with Face Camera

Hello there. I am trying to get back into this hobby, but the UI of Studio is just killing me. In the program I previously used, there was an option where you could have a camera that would focus on the face, right hand or left hand of the character you selected. Hugely useful. Is there such a thing in Studio? Right now, I am finding it so much work just to do simple things in Stuido, I wind up quicking in frustration before I can even properly set up a scene.

Comments

• DS doesn't have cameras like those, and unfortunately it doesn't seem possible to have mutliple perspective views (which, like the Poser Posing camera, aren't animated or added to undo). There is the frame command (ctrl/cmd-f by default) which may help get close (once a selected node is framed it's also the centre of orbit for the camera/view)

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604

It sounds like you are a Poser user. As Richard says, Daz Studio hasn't got the figure cameras. I've tried to simulate the face camera by creating a new camera, then going into the camera's parameters, the misc section, and setting it to point at the figure's head. The results are a bit confusing. The camera does stay pointing at the head but the move and rotate controls interact in ways I can't figure out. Sometimes the camera moves closer and further away a it goes round the head, sometime the rotation control doesn't work at all and sometimes it does.

My approach to cameras in Daz Studio is to create a camera that I use for rendering and use the perspective view as a roving camera, moving it around to look at things that i am working on. I setup my trendering camera to frame the scene I want then keep it there.

The perspective view is like a camera but doesn't have all of a camera's abilities. You can't change it's focal length or use depth of field settings, and when you save a scene Daz Studio doesn't save it's position.That's why I always create a new camera for rendering.

• The perspective view is like a camera but doesn't have all of a camera's abilities. You can't change it's focal length or use depth of field settings, and when you save a scene Daz Studio doesn't save it's position.That's why I always create a new camera for rendering.

You can adjust the focal length, using the viewport shortcut for opticakl zoom or the magnifier icon at top right.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604
    The perspective view is like a camera but doesn't have all of a camera's abilities. You can't change it's focal length or use depth of field settings, and when you save a scene Daz Studio doesn't save it's position.That's why I always create a new camera for rendering.

You can adjust the focal length, using the viewport shortcut for opticakl zoom or the magnifier icon at top right.

I didn't know that you could change the focal length of the perspective view, thank you for that.

I think I'm right about it not saving the perspective view setting when you save the scene, am I? That's the main reason I create new cameras. It usually takes me several sessions over a few days to get a scene just as I want it.

• Yes, the Pespective View is not saved, keyed, or added to the undo stack by design - it lets you look at your scene without having to step back through view chnages when you decide an alteration didn't work from one angle. It's like the Posing Camera in Poser.