Installing g8 shape object as morph help

I downloaded genesis 8 female feet@leg morph by ovolog on DeviantArt touse as a shaping morph for g8 feet and have no idea how to install or import it as a shape morph to use on models/ it is an obj file. What should I do?   Thanks!

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,167
    edited September 2018

You need to add it to your figure using the Morph Loader feature of DAZ Studio.

Load the base G8F, make sure she is selected in the scene tab, then go to the main menu and click on Edit - Object - Morph Loader Pro....

In the pop-up window that appears, make sure that the "From" box near the top is set to" DAZ Studio (1 unit = 1 cm)" then click on the box part way down entitled "Choose Morph Files". Navigate to where you have the [email protected] file and select it and click on "Open". If you've never used Morph Loader before then the default settings should work fine. Click on "Accept" and a morph should be created on your G8F.

You will find it in the Parameters tab under Morphs - Morph Loader. Test that it works (slide the slider to 100%). Assuming it does, then you need to save it so it will still be there next time you open DAZ Studio.

To do that, go to the main menu and click on File - Save As... - Support Asset - Morph Asset(s)... Pick the Asset Directory you want to use (I normally use my own library rather than the one where products are installed, but that's up to you) click on the arrow next to Genesis 8 Female to expand, then on the arrow next to Morphs then Morph Loader, then click in the box beside your new feet@leg morph. Click on "Accept" and there you are.

EDIT: You may prefer the morph to be under the legs or feet rather than in that Morph Loader section in the parameter tab. That's easy enough to do - once the morph has been created and before you save it, click on the little cog at the extreme right above the morph slider, select "Parameter Settings" - in the popup, click on the arrrow at the end of the Path and select Actor - Legs or Actor-Feet (whichever you think is more logical since the morph affects both) then "Accept" at the bottom.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • Thank you! This has helped so much :)

• mattoceanmattocean Posts: 23

gremlin-2297907 said:

I downloaded genesis 8 female feet@leg morph by ovolog on DeviantArt touse as a shaping morph for g8 feet and have no idea how to install or import it as a shape morph to use on models/ it is an obj file. What should I do?   Thanks!

Could you please upload the morph file. Thank you very much.