Feet HD Detail (Or Lack Thereof)

13»

Comments

• bjoernb78bjoernb78 Posts: 135

There is nothing wrong with long toenails in my opinion. There are also some products out there to adjust their length.

Thanks for feedback so far, I think I'll give Liloo a try for the foot shape morph. ;-)

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190
    edited August 2019

Kristinka Vlasova, there's a morph in ghd somebody morphs for g8f that shortens toenails. 

dialed in at -42%, it clips liloo's nails pretty well.  dialing the morph in much higher exposes the figure's nailbeds.

(if anyone's wondering:  no, these renders don't show liloo's default skin.)

j

Post edited by jardine on
  • mlominymlominy Posts: 211

Realistically looking feet are a must! It spoils everything otherwise...

RealFeet.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 202K
  • I purchased Necriseye's morphs. They're easy to use and they certainly improve the vanilla version.

• culannmac said:

I purchased Necriseye's morphs. They're easy to use and they certainly improve the vanilla version.

Thank you so much for the patronage, did you grab all the expansions I made for it as well?

Necriseye said:
    culannmac said:

I purchased Necriseye's morphs. They're easy to use and they certainly improve the vanilla version.

Thank you so much for the patronage, did you grab all the expansions I made for it as well?

Is the G3F version available?

• Necriseye said:
    culannmac said:

Yup, I love em.

• mlominy said:
    Necriseye said:
    culannmac said:

Is the G3F version available?

It will be very soon, while you wait though I would check out this tutorial:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/177246/basic-tutorial-for-transferring-genesis3-female-morphs-to-genesis8-female

I haven't tested it yet but, perhaps doing this you could just convert my morph over to gen 3. Don't quote me on this though, last time I tried to convert anything foot
    related it didn't turn out very well. Should be some time next month I release the gen 3 version if you can wait. Sorry for the delays.

Thanks Necriseye!

Of course, I can wait until you release the morph natively for G3F. BTW how much will it cost?

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,307
    edited August 2019
    bjoernb78 said:

There is nothing wrong with long toenails in my opinion. There are also some products out there to adjust their length.

Thanks for feedback so far, I think I'll give Liloo a try for the foot shape morph. ;-)

I think that this is really a matter of personal taste. I find long toenails extremely ugly - as well as the pointy foot shown by Necriseye on page 1, as an example of a 'good' or 'normal' foot (the morphs he/she released at DA are looking much better).

Post edited by caravelle on
  • bjoernb78bjoernb78 Posts: 135
    caravelle said:
    bjoernb78 said:

I think that this is really a matter of personal taste. I find long toenails extremely ugly - as well as the pointy foot shown by Necriseye on page 1, as an example of a 'good' or 'normal' foot (the morphs he/she released at DA are looking much better).

I really enjoy Necriseye's foot morph. I've shortly purchased it. But I agree it's a matter of personal taste. I also think, there's not the one and only perfect foot shape. I love the variety and will therefore get the Liloo foot model as well.

If current gen8 characters (those I have) put their feet on the table it doesn't look real to me.
    So I think there's nothing wrong with asking for some variety and more details relating the feet.

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited September 2019
    Leana said:
    bjoernb78 said:

I've seen the new Liloo HD comes with an interesting custom foot morph. Does anyone know, if it can be applied seperately to other characters?

There's a "Liloo feet add/remove" listed on the product page, so there's a good chance.

late to the chat, and I happen to be looking at the somewhat lackluster options for Liloo (compared to the cheaper priced Molly). While there is indeed an on and off preset in the figure content library folder that does do something to the feet. I am unable to locate a foot anything dial anywhere (visible or hidden, shaping or parameters tab) associated with that set of presets. it also doesn't appear to be moving the foot bones to change the shape. I'm not sure what voodoo is at work that lets a duf apply a shape without a shaping dial associated with it, last time I had seen that, was on/off only figure shapes back on generation 6.  So, unfortunately, it would appear to be an on or off only setting (no variation of strength available there). ... Late eavning caffeine deprived mistake, Thanks J.

FYI. Lilly also has the on/off (edit, rrrr, hiden dial) foot thing, and she costs a few dollars cheaper than Liloo (and you at least get a face makeup 'flush' option). Molly doesn't appear to have the foot options, only just about everything else the other two lack (shy of eye color options other than gray/hazel. they all lack eye colors. guess you set your own RGB values for that, can be kind of cool).

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190
     I am unable to locate a foot anything dial anywhere (visible or hidden, shaping or parameters tab) associated with that set of presets. it also doesn't appear to be moving the foot bones to change the shape. I'm not sure what voodoo is at work that lets a duf apply a shape without a shaping dial associated with it, last time I had seen that, was on/off only figure shapes back on generation 6.  So, unfortunately, it would appear to be an on or off only setting (no variation of strength available there).

the dial is 'liloo feet.'   it dials from 0 percent to 100 percent by default (limits on). 

it's a hidden parameter.  if you turn on 'show hidden parameters' you won't have any trouble finding it.

j

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited September 2019

ok, thanks to J. I hadn't seen anything other than the 4 shape dials, guess maybe the font and font color made it difficult to see the 'feet' labeled dial last night.

I do have mixed feelings about hiding a dial in such a manner that makes it impossible to see on win10 with a 1080p TN-crap, lol. Not that it is any easier to read them grayed out fonts on an IPS panel with a proper font. In any case, I stand corrected, the dial is there, so not an on/off preset with some digging.

Also, aparentlyLilly's foot shape dial works in reverse with the foot shape off at 100% and foot on at 0%.

I have no clue if that is 'HD' as someone had mentioned an interest in. Maybe there is an easy way to find out without days of fussing with Iray (rendering out multiple passes at varying dial settings on a card with limited memory). It really looks like the foot shape is very similar between them, so I still stand by my Lilly is the better buy opinion for the price (assuming you have no interest outside of Iray for either of them)

LilooFeetShapeDial_01001.png
    840 x 840 - 106K
    LillyFeet_01002.png
    1400 x 800 - 461K
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • Is there anything special about Babina's feet or just the same as usual?

• Siciliano1969Siciliano1969 Posts: 433
    edited December 2020

Hey Necriseye, sorry for the looooong delayed response!  The HD morphs are from Babina.  Here is Tilly with nice sole displacement by Flagg3d on Deviant Art.  Not perfect but always trying to improve.  You do excellent work by the way!

Necriseye said:

Excellent job Necriseye!  I'm with you....I had to make my own foot morphs.  I really don't like those grooves in the balls of the feet.  Congrats to you on a job well done.

Hmm excellent job on the foot morph, particularly with the toes my friend. Glad other people are spearheading this issue with me, I felt pretty lonely for some time haha.
    Is that hd detail your own or is it part of another morph? Would be great if an artist with access to the HD tool was working on this too.

Tilly feet from behind.jpg
    2200 x 2200 - 3M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • NecriseyeNecriseye Posts: 44
    edited December 2020

Siciliano1969 said:

Hey Necriseye, sorry for the looooong delayed response!  The HD morphs are from Babina.  Here is Tilly with nice sole displacement by Flagg3d on Deviant Art.  Not perfect but always trying to improve.  You do excellent work by the way!

Excellent job Necriseye!  I'm with you....I had to make my own foot morphs.  I really don't like those grooves in the balls of the feet.  Congrats to you on a job well done.

Hmm excellent job on the foot morph, particularly with the toes my friend. Glad other people are spearheading this issue with me, I felt pretty lonely for some time haha.
    Is that hd detail your own or is it part of another morph? Would be great if an artist with access to the HD tool was working on this too.

Better late than never, thank you for getting back to me. Honestly that's quite interesting. The morph seems to have some merits, I'll have to look at it myself one of these days.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Well It's 2022 and the feet for these models are still horrible. You have to jump through all kinds of 3rd party hacks and work arounds. Which is fine, I got them to work. It's just mind boggling to me that these models come with such horrible feet. The shoes could be a lot sexier as well, but that's a whole other story. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550

bigbottombass_ced49d1fa8 said:

Well It's 2022 and the feet for these models are still horrible. You have to jump through all kinds of 3rd party hacks and work arounds. Which is fine, I got them to work. It's just mind boggling to me that these models come with such horrible feet. The shoes could be a lot sexier as well, but that's a whole other story. 

I would bet that part of the reason PAs don't change the feet is it affects shoe fitting many times.. I have some characters with custom feet and I have to turn the feet morphs off to keep the heels from warping.

• how to get better bend morph for G8F feet like this?

•  

Siciliano1969 said:

I know this is years late but did you ever end up releasing those feet morphs @Siciliano1969? They looked really nice!

• FSMCDesigns said:

bigbottombass_ced49d1fa8 said:

Well It's 2022 and the feet for these models are still horrible. You have to jump through all kinds of 3rd party hacks and work arounds. Which is fine, I got them to work. It's just mind boggling to me that these models come with such horrible feet. The shoes could be a lot sexier as well, but that's a whole other story. 

I would bet that part of the reason PAs don't change the feet is it affects shoe fitting many times.. I have some characters with custom feet and I have to turn the feet morphs off to keep the heels from warping.

Another thing to consider is that a foot morph or texture that looks good in one pose may look utterly horrible if you bend the toes on the character.

• Can, there be a way to get rid of the bony details of the on the top of the foot, an those annoying grooves on the soles? 

topflaw.png
    874 x 854 - 376K
    Screenshot (94).png
    843 x 804 - 268K