Rons War Elements

jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312
edited December 1969 in New Users

I wonder if anyone has purchased this product and put it to good use.

Ron's War Elements
http://www.daz3d.com/ron-s-war-elements

I have adobe photoshop cs6 extended but I do not have whole of experience with it.

I noticed that on the product advertisement there are psd files that say ready to drag and drop. What do you do with these photoshop files?
For example with a muzzle flash from rapid gunfire would you draw a primitive on your scene and drag and drop the psd file on the primitive like a cone and pose it in front of firearm prop?

Is this pack of goodies from this product what you one would refer to as post work tools?

Appreciate any feedback from some experienced users.
Thanks

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited August 2013

jaxprog said:
    I wonder if anyone has purchased this product and put it to good use.

Ron's War Elements
    http://www.daz3d.com/ron-s-war-elements

I have adobe photoshop cs6 extended but I do not have whole of experience with it.

I noticed that on the product advertisement there are psd files that say ready to drag and drop. What do you do with these photoshop files?
    For example with a muzzle flash from rapid gunfire would you draw a primitive on your scene and drag and drop the psd file on the primitive like a cone and pose it in front of firearm prop?

Is this pack of goodies from this product what you one would refer to as post work tools?

Appreciate any feedback from some experienced users.
    Thanks

Yes these are "post work tools".

.psd files normally have several layers saved in them. After loading the file and your otherwise finished render, working on layers, add in and rearrange whichever effects you wish to have placed on the render.

It's also a good practice to "always" work on a copy of the render ;-)

Post edited by patience55 on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes, postwork brush and PSD files, the later load as layers you can then use in Photoshop in any way you can edit a layer.

• jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312
    edited December 1969

Thanks guys. I went ahead and purchased it. I figure it will get me motivated to use Photoshop and enhance my skills.
    It has some awesome special effects in there that are all ripe with inspiration.