Iray not rendering out of specific camera

Hello. I'm trying to render two figures, no background. I have one camera set up at just the right angle exactly as I want it. Problem is, the render doesn't work, nor the Iray preview. It just goes blank, or renders and has nothing.

Iray preview works just fine for this scene in Perspective view. My other scenes still preview just fine as well. When I try making a new camera to replace it, the problem does not clear up.

I really really don't want to have to redo the camera manually. Does anyone know how I might fix this? Thank you.

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,046

Make sure it isn't behind something in the scene which is blocking it. Duplicate the camera, so there are two and you don't lose the original, and try nudging the duplicate forward a little at a time and see what happens.

• Great advice, I'll try it and get back. Thank you

• Upon that advice, I realize I put the camera under the floor plane. Despite having nothing there, that was the obstacle. Thank you

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,046

You're welcome. It is easy to do sometimes but I'm glad you managed to fix it.

• Upon that advice, I realize I put the camera under the floor plane. Despite having nothing there, that was the obstacle. Thank you

Turn off Draw Floor in Render Settings, in the environment group, and the camera will work in its original position (but you won't get ground shadows).