Star Trek Builders Unite 8: THE REBOOT

Comments

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,372

I'm not a particular Star Trek fan (I've seen the odd episode and film, but most of my knowledge comes from cultural osmosis), but I got roped into a Star Trek Adventures RPG with my Discord game group, and so I ended up needing to put a face to a character.

Doctor Harriet Christiansen, Chief Medical Officer of the USS Seacole:

• blutobluto Posts: 831
    Male romulan uniform for G3 is up at the big r
  • Just doodling with Greywolf Starkillers Connie kit.A science and research superdreadnought, with Photon probe launchers, multiple banks of Phaser spectroscopy units, extra large small craft bays for research and search & rescue teams and the heaviest caliber sensor turrets ever to come out of the Starfleet weapons research labs (ever since I saw the USS Bozeman, I've wondered if 'Sensor Turret' was a euphemism :) )
    USS Ark Royal 004.jpg
    4000 x 3000 - 6M
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,189

Matt_Castle said:

I'm not a particular Star Trek fan (I've seen the odd episode and film, but most of my knowledge comes from cultural osmosis), but I got roped into a Star Trek Adventures RPG with my Discord game group, and so I ended up needing to put a face to a character.

Doctor Harriet Christiansen, Chief Medical Officer of the USS Seacole:

I really like the uniform design you have here, the stripe is a great touch 

icehawk_629b49c68b said:

Just doodling with Greywolf Starkillers Connie kit.A science and research superdreadnought, with Photon probe launchers, multiple banks of Phaser spectroscopy units, extra large small craft bays for research and search & rescue teams and the heaviest caliber sensor turrets ever to come out of the Starfleet weapons research labs (ever since I saw the USS Bozeman, I've wondered if 'Sensor Turret' was a euphemism :) )

I hope that he comes out with a TMP version of that set, it is great!  

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,372

shadowhawk1 said:

Our gamesmaster decided that the story was set in the early 2380s and we'd be using the uniform design from the "Lower Decks" series. I only put so much effort into modelling and texturing it, but that was my attempt to translate the tunic from the cartoon look of the show to a more realistic one. (The trousers, on the other hand, are just pulled out of OOT's Formal Wardrobe set, as there didn't seem to be too much specific about those).

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited April 2021

New project in the works... if any one would be interested. This will be my first projects using Blender for all the models. As you can see from the image all surfaces are texture maps and I went to alot of trouble to map out sets from screen shots and promotional images.

Wallstest2.jpg
    800 x 812 - 416K
    Post edited by rduda on
  • xialiubeixialiubei Posts: 71

rduda said:

New project in the works... if any one would be interested. This will be my first projects using Blender for all the models. As you can see from the image all surfaces are texture maps and I went to alot of trouble to map out sets from screen shots and promotional images.

Looking good!

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,285

xialiubei said:

rduda said:

Looking good!

+1yes 

• genejokegenejoke Posts: 128
    edited April 2021

That's looking very nice.

Here's an image from my Trek comic Albion.

p6p3.png
    1860 x 881 - 786K
    Post edited by genejoke on
  • rdudarduda Posts: 579

A little Photoshop fun with a render...

6000 2sm.jpg
    900 x 1114 - 905K

Matt_Castle said:

shadowhawk1 said:

Our gamesmaster decided that the story was set in the early 2380s and we'd be using the uniform design from the "Lower Decks" series. I only put so much effort into modelling and texturing it, but that was my attempt to translate the tunic from the cartoon look of the show to a more realistic one. (The trousers, on the other hand, are just pulled out of OOT's Formal Wardrobe set, as there didn't seem to be too much specific about those).

You did a great job on it, it really looks good. I can't stand lower decks' so that may be why I didn't recognize it, I tried to watch an episode of lower decks and didn't get past the first 10 minutes, it was worse than discovery. 

• Timbales said:

Philippi_Child said:

I wish I could get a starfleet uniform to fit the Yeti.

I have this very same uniform I'll have to try is I may need to hid some body parts or hair on the Yeti. 

• Some feedback would be appreciated: 1) Guess who - gives me some idea as to how close I am; 2) Suggest some hair(s) preferably free.

If you're having some trouble with the cross-eyed version try zooming the .gif smaller or back away from the monitor.

HeadMorph.gif
    480 x 360 - 4M
    HeadMorph-X-eyed.gif
    960 x 360 - 7M
  • RubbermattRubbermatt Posts: 2
    edited April 2021

Just mucking around with Trek stuff

Trek girl 1-1a.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by Rubbermatt on
  • RubbermattRubbermatt Posts: 2
    edited April 2021

Cap'n, she cannae take any moor!

Trek eng girl 1.jpg
    2828 x 4000 - 2M
    Post edited by Rubbermatt on
  • Will DeckerWill Decker Posts: 188

Does anyone know if this was released? 

77a4af1f30e163c2edfa8233a9a2aa.jpg
    1387 x 820 - 58K
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,285

Don't know but I want one

• randym77randym77 Posts: 272

Blast from the past...Orion's Seven of Nine texture and morph is one of my favorites. Even though it's really old. For Victoria 3 old.

seven-of-nine.png
    1200 x 1499 - 3M
  • jimkluza_00106d944d said:

Some feedback would be appreciated: 1) Guess who - gives me some idea as to how close I am; 2) Suggest some hair(s) preferably free.

If you're having some trouble with the cross-eyed version try zooming the .gif smaller or back away from the monitor.

I get the feeling this is Janeway. 

• Well, I think I can say I was sucessful at turning Genesis 8 Female into Star Trek Online's female - freelanced of course based on the way my STO character specifically looks. 

STO Janet DeWitt 4-24-2021 2.png
    1920 x 1536 - 2M
  • FleetAdmiral01 said:

I get the feeling this is Janeway. 

Thanks for responding Admiral and...ouch!  I was going for Tasha Yar/Sela.  I have got to work on my lighting skills.  I've added hair. not quite anything I saw in season one, but the closest I could find.

DC.jpg
    480 x 360 - 45K

Good start, but I think her face needs to be squarer. Your morph is a little too long and thin, IMO. I think her eyes are rounder, too.

For first season hair...I like ali's HR-099.  It used to be for sale at Renderosity, but is now available only at his own site, Mankahoo.com. (Just because of the way Rosity used to remove anything that didn't sell a certain number of copies per month.)  It's cheaper at his site, and he sometimes has 50% off sales.

tasha.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 279K
  • edited May 2021

randym77 said:

Good start, but I think her face needs to be squarer. Your morph is a little too long and thin, IMO. I think her eyes are rounder, too.

For first season hair...I like ali's HR-099.  It used to be for sale at Renderosity, but is now available only at his own site, Mankahoo.com. (Just because of the way Rosity used to remove anything that didn't sell a certain number of copies per month.)  It's cheaper at his site, and he sometimes has 50% off sales.

Thanks for the suggestions.  This is a Genesis 8 dialed-in head morph, my first attempt.  I'll give her the suggested tweeks.  I've put the hair in my bookmarks and will wait for a sale.  HR-99 is for V4, but I can still work with it. 

Post edited by jimkluza_00106d944d on
  • I applied the suggested changes and made several of my own, also made a better quality GIF (that gloss on the hair has got to go!).  The face "pose" is my attempt to mimic the pose from the STNG season 1 episode 21 "The Arsenal of Freedom".  I'm not sure about the legality of posting the original image, but it is easily found by a Google image search.

Again, please provide your feedback.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since this morph was made from purchased face morphs not specifically marketed as "merchant reasource" it is unshareable?  Is there a legal workaround?

TY2.gif
    480 x 360 - 5M
    DC2.jpg
    720 x 540 - 137K

That looks much closer!

I'm a Poser user, so not fully versed in DAZ Studio, but...with Poser, you can share INJ files, which if made correctly, apply the morphs you used, but only work if the user has bought and installed the same morphs you used. (You see this at ShareCG, where the people list what's required to use their freebie.)  I assume there's something similar in DAZ.

• BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367

jimkluza_00106d944d said:

Some feedback would be appreciated: 1) Guess who - gives me some idea as to how close I am; 2) Suggest some hair(s) preferably freIf you're having some trouble with the cross-eyed version Try zooming the .gif smaller or back away from the monitor.

Tasha Yar???????

• Bendinggrass said:

Tasha Yar???????

Yes!  I'm getting closer.

• randym77 said:

That looks much closer!

I'm a Poser user, so not fully versed in DAZ Studio, but...with Poser, you can share INJ files, which if made correctly, apply the morphs you used, but only work if the user has bought and installed the same morphs you used. (You see this at ShareCG, where the people list what's required to use their freebie.)  I assume there's something similar in DAZ.

Thanks randym77, I'm going to see if there is additional sharing advice since I am new to Daz Studio and sharing policy and don't want to make too many beginner mistakes.

FYI: the link to STNG badges on page one appears to be a dead link.

FYI: the link to STNG badges on page one appears to be a dead link.

Yeah, unfortunately Foundation3D has been down for months. They had a lot of great Trek stuff, and there's still hope that they'll return. (They were reorganizing their site and it was only supposed to be offline for a short time, but apparently something went wrong.)

These combadges are pretty good:

https://www.sharecg.com/v/41806/Poser/TNG-and-DS9/Voyager-Badges-for-V4-and-M4