Star Trek Builders Unite 8: THE REBOOT

Comments

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,276

Robert Freise said:

Klingon in the store https://www.daz3d.com/leon-hd-for-genesis-81-male

Just as an FYI to everyone, you can dial out the character shape and use the forehead with other shapes if you want. 

This is the character skin with a combination of Diego 8 and Felix for Nix 8

Klingon-2.jpg
    3863 x 5000 - 7M
  • Just going to drop this here before I turn in for the night. What I've been working on may be of interest. Have a placeholder uniform for now but I've been getting underway with creating Star Trek morphs for Genesis 8. 

My point of reference has been Star Trek Fleet Command and Star Trek Online.

Getting a feel for my method while I assemble the "main casts" then I'll start tackling Klingons and such, I already know for sure I'm planning on Martok and Gowron in the future.

Star Trek Project 2021.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • xialiubeixialiubei Posts: 71

FleetAdmiral01 said:

Just going to drop this here before I turn in for the night. What I've been working on may be of interest. Have a placeholder uniform for now but I've been getting underway with creating Star Trek morphs for Genesis 8. 

My point of reference has been Star Trek Fleet Command and Star Trek Online.

Getting a feel for my method while I assemble the "main casts" then I'll start tackling Klingons and such, I already know for sure I'm planning on Martok and Gowron in the future.

Those look amazing.  Any plans to make those available to the public, either for free or through the marketplace?

• I don't know yet. I may do so after I have converted all the characters I want to convert. Which is basically.... everyone. TOS/TNG/DS9/VOY/ENT/DSC all of them.

• FleetAdmiral01FleetAdmiral01 Posts: 110
    edited March 2021

I should also mention that I had started with a replica of my Star Trek Online character just as a proof of concept. But of course because this was my first attempt I had a little trouble with the eyes.

janet_dewitt_fleetadmiral01_ddzq9ff-fullview.png
    1280 x 1024 - 340K
    Post edited by FleetAdmiral01 on
  • Still very much a work in progress as they still need to have their body textures finished and the legit TOS uniforms I have ported over but here is another WIP render.

Star Trek Project 2021 3-13 Update.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

FleetAdmiral01 said:

Still very much a work in progress as they still need to have their body textures finished and the legit TOS uniforms I have ported over but here is another WIP render.

That's the best McCoy I've ever seen.

• Update. I finally learned how to use the transfer utility and now he has his proper uniform. 

I should mention I have a huge wardrobe of 'Trek costumes to put them in. I could do DS9 era Kirk if I wanted to.

TOS_Kirk_Finished.png
    1920 x 1080 - 494K
  • blutobluto Posts: 832
    edited March 2021
    Wow!!!!
    Post edited by bluto on
    edited March 2021
    Fleet admiral , awesome work those figures are absolutely amazing . Will they be something that will be shared with the community? I have a little update of my own . you all might remember I said that there will be character packs to go with the digital toy box uniforms ..... so without any further ado ta.. da... And it kind of even gets a little bit better because these morphs will work with just about any Genesis 3 male or female character morph . so you can virtually populate your bird of prey bridge with motley Crue of your favorite Genesis 3 figures
    Rigellan_G3M-G3F_test-01.jpg
    1569 x 1119 - 446K
    Post edited by bluto on

Great stuff, FleetAdmiral and Bluto.  You guys are doing some amazing stuff.  I'm glad to see Trek still getting some love.  We desperately need to get those old M3/V3 and M4/V4 updated for 2021 and beyond.

Update. I finally learned how to use the transfer utility and now he has his proper uniform. 

I should mention I have a huge wardrobe of 'Trek costumes to put them in. I could do DS9 era Kirk if I wanted to.

Did you make your own DS9 uniform?
    edited March 2021
    We purposely tried to keep the morphs a little bit more subtle where it approaches the hairline so in theory you should be able to use most existing hair products for Genesis 3 with these morphs . Having said that however you will have better results if the hair products are pulled back from the hairline and temples or do not have very long bangs
    Post edited by bluto on
  • Timbales said:

FleetAdmiral01 said:

Update. I finally learned how to use the transfer utility and now he has his proper uniform. 

Did you make your own DS9 uniform?

Yes and no while the DS9 Uniform I used on my main character was custom made it was a commissioned piece from an associate, which I then ported to DAZ. Additionally that uniform is unique to this specific character. For other DS9 era characters, for now I'm using dazinbane's reskin. - At least until Star Trek Fleet Command (the mobile game) releases their version of it. That TOS uniform I used on Kirk as well as the models that became the foundation for the morphs of the TOS crew came from Fleet Command. 

• Might take a crack at bringing over all the V4-Courageous and M4 Valiant Skins though. I know those outfits don't really fit too well to G8 by default autofit but if I was able to port a costume from Star Trek Online (those models have a horrible case of disconnected vertices I might add) I think I can get Valiant and Courageous to work.

• TOS Female Uniform

TOS_Fem_Uniform_To_G8F.png
    1920 x 1080 - 490K
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,300

Looks good

• Will DeckerWill Decker Posts: 188

Hi it has been a while, but I started redoing some things for my Forrestal Project, including getting some TMP era uniforms together. Just thought I would share this. 

test uniform.png
    1396 x 882 - 133K
    test uniform 2.png
    1396 x 882 - 126K
  • I still have to make some final fixes on his textures. Particularly to make the textures between the face and neck seamless (have to repeat this for all the TOS officers) then I think they'll be ready for me to "sign them off" so to speak.

Kirk 3-19-2021 2.png
    1920 x 1536 - 4M

Some more TMP era uniforms and a couple of test renders of Tahira from my story

untitled.56.jpg
    800 x 495 - 43K
    323357c56f22d7658c918631057100fd56487da.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 55K
    Tahira Test.png
    1527 x 2160 - 2M
    Tahira Test 2b.png
    1527 x 2160 - 2M
    Tahira Test 2.png
    1527 x 2160 - 2M
    untitled.55 (1).jpg
    1600 x 990 - 196K
    Tahira Test 2a.jpg
    2715 x 3840 - 1M

FleetAdmiral01 said:

I still have to make some final fixes on his textures. Particularly to make the textures between the face and neck seamless (have to repeat this for all the TOS officers) then I think they'll be ready for me to "sign them off" so to speak.

Looking good!

remember when i said there would be character packs for g3 and g8

162751865_825434688326556_1734400403774733766_n.jpg
    700 x 910 - 138K
    166101160_845506516041376_7803107251043759997_n.jpg
    700 x 910 - 170K

bluto said:

remember when i said there would be character packs for g3 and g8

You guys are hitting homeruns.  Star Trek lives!

I just made the connection - the new gray uniforms on Discovery remind me of the TMP uniforms.

Some more TMP uniform love 

Langston and Tahira Landing Party2 Uniform.jpg
    2715 x 3840 - 692K
    Dr James.jpg
    2715 x 3840 - 461K
  • Thought I'd add to the Rigellan character discussion...

G3F_Rigellan_Render-setup-02.png
    1500 x 2100 - 4M
  • I wish I could get a starfleet uniform to fit the Yeti.

I wish I could get a starfleet uniform to fit the Yeti.

Have you tried this one for G8M? https://www.deviantart.com/amyaimei/art/Star-Trek-TNG-Uniform-for-Genesis-8-Male-777947971
  • I think I can officially seal the deal on them. I even threw in Alice Eve's Carol Marcus as a little bonus.

Debating whether I'll do TNG or Discovery next. 

Star Trek TOS Crew Genesis 8 Final.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M