Texturing issue in my Daz3d

acharyapolinaacharyapolina Posts: 726

Hi, I am in the process of creating a scifi room, however when I apply a text texture from with in photoshop onto my generated texures, I always get a very bad render. As you can see in these two renders, the font is very pixelated and has some strange black muck around it and on it. In my 3D modeling application, 3DS Max everything looks perfect, even when rendering. but when I bring in into Daz3d I get this.

render1-3DSMax.jpg is the render done in 3DS max

Any help would be most apriciated, as I am at my wits end on this one.

thanks

render1.jpg
800 x 600 - 444K
render2.jpg
800 x 600 - 445K
render1-3DSMax.jpg
1920 x 1040 - 264K
Post edited by acharyapolina on

Comments

• The problum is fixed if I change the texture compression in the renderer to defult, to 4096 X 4096. But I would like the textures to render properly at the default settings, ??

• So i did another test. with all settings normal. these are the render qualities in Daz and 3ds max

Test1 is Daz3d and Test2 is 3DS Max.

What is wrong with my application should I re-install or something? thanks

Test1-DAZ3D.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 627K
    Test2-3DSMAX.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 665K
  • acharyapolinaacharyapolina Posts: 726
    edited August 2018

3Dlight test is this. It works perfectly so it has to do with Iray.

I uninstalled Daz studio and my graphics card and then re-installed them both. and still the same issue.

3DLight.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 900K
  • As you've found the issue, compression, the fix would be to protect that image from conmpression. You might be able to do that by making the area with text a separate surface and using a single, smaller, iamge for that surface alone. Another option, if you want more flexibility over the placement of text, might be to use an Iray decal node to project the text image - though then you'd need to do something else, such as using a Layered image overlay, for 3Delight.

• As you've found the issue, compression, the fix would be to protect that image from conmpression. You might be able to do that by making the area with text a separate surface and using a single, smaller, iamge for that surface alone. Another option, if you want more flexibility over the placement of text, might be to use an Iray decal node to project the text image - though then you'd need to do something else, such as using a Layered image overlay, for 3Delight.

I do not quite understand what I must do?

I tried to increse the area in the UV mapping to a larger scale so that the text would be clearer when rendered, but that did not help much. 

• Split the area with text to a separate material group, and map it to use the whole of the UV square - that way you can have full ersolution text on a smaller, and so uncompressed, image. You could also just make the image slightly smaller so that it was under the default limit for strong compression.

edited August 2018

what is the default limit? 1024?

Here is a link to the youtube video on what I do.

edited August 2018

ok, so i Split the area with text to a separate material group and did a test render and it comes out looking pretty good. I am just wondering why I do not have to do that in 3DS Max but in Daz3d I have to when rendering?

DAz3d-new.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 675K
  • Presuambly 3DS uses different options or settings. Was it the 3DS version of Iray you were using?

• I didnt know that there are different iray versions. does daz3d have an option to chose what version you want?

• hi Richard Haseltine, Just wanted to say Thank you for your help. It opened my eyes to other posabilities that helped greatly. :)

• I didnt know that there are different iray versions. does daz3d have an option to chose what version you want?

Well, I don't know what differences there might be (other, I think, than motion blur and probably a queue) - I mainly meant were you using Iray in 3DS, rather than one of its other engines, just to be sure the comparison was valid.

• I was using one of its other engines. I think it was mental ray.