Where did it go wrong, in Blender or DAZ?

Just trying to make a new morph by using Blender.

I exported base G3 as obj. Imported in Blender. Modified shape in Blender by adding a little more meat in the hip area (No, I did not add or substract any nodes or vertices). Exported obj. Used Morph Loader pro to load new morphed figure. Loading went well, but results were unexpected. It's like if my character melts when I activate the morph slider...

Do you think I did something wrong with DAZ or Blender???

Iceman.png
956 x 950 - 511K

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited August 2018
    Somehow the vertex order was not retained. Usually this has to do with your import and export settings from Blender (and maybe of the original figure, not necessarily the morph).
    Post edited by SickleYield on
  • mlominymlominy Posts: 211
    edited August 2018
    Somehow the vertex order was not retained. Usually this has to do with your import and export settings from Blender (and maybe of the original figure, not necessarily the morph).

You were right, my Queen (as usual). I didn't check "keep vertex order" in Blender's obj import settings. Now, everything works pefectly!

Best Regards!

Correct.png
    956 x 950 - 430K
    Post edited by mlominy on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited August 2018

Your queen is pleased. :D  And congratulations!  Have fun morphing.

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 622
    mlominy said:

Just trying to make a new morph by using Blender.

I exported base G3 as obj. Imported in Blender. Modified shape in Blender by adding a little more meat in the hip area (No, I did not add or substract any nodes or vertices). Exported obj. Used Morph Loader pro to load new morphed figure. Loading went well, but results were unexpected. It's like if my character melts when I activate the morph slider...

Do you think I did something wrong with DAZ or Blender???

Cool that you got it fixed--but sometimes the "mistakes" we create can be a good thing. That would make a really wicked looking monster! laugh