Transferring JCMs

MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610

Hi there!

I'm trying to think of a way to go about explaining what I'm hoping to do, so please forgive me if I leave out any details. I recently purchased Swole 7, which thanks to specific JCMs, bends and poses beautifully for such a large-framed figure. I have a character that I would very much love to use these JCMs on - however, the actual Swole 7 shape is not something that fits him. Rather than "bodybuilder", he is more "strongman" in body type...if that makes any sense. Less oily muscles and stage lighting, but equally as large. He suffers from the same bending and posing problems, especially in the upper arms/inner elbows and the side of the neck (there's an actual fold there...eek). Is there any way to use the Swole 7 JCMs on him? When I created him, I did select Swole 7 as a base, however I'm not using the actual Swole 7 body shape, which the JCMs appear to be dependent upon in order to activate when you pose the figure. I've attached some screenshots to hopefully illustrate what I'm looking at.

First attachment - Swole 7 (left) vs my character (right) - note the awful posing problems in the upper arms/inner elbows on my character (and that awful neck fold) contrasted against the beautiful bending on Swole 7
Second attachment - Swole 7 JCMs active on Swole 7
Third attachment - Swole 7 JCMs not active on my character (if I were to dial in the Swole 7 body, then they would activate - however that would change my character's body (obvs))

I'm not sure if it needs to be said, but this is for my own personal use and would not be shared, etc.

Oh, and I also have SimTenero's Zone Smoother - which helps with the inner elbows, but does nothing for the upper arm or neck. It's an amazing concept and I use it on other characters, but there's just too much icky folding for that to fix here.

Screenshot - 1.PNG
1384 x 971 - 495K
Screenshot - 2.PNG
390 x 737 - 68K
Screenshot - 3.PNG
386 x 693 - 62K
Post edited by MelissaGT on

Comments

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610

I was able to "unlock" the JCMs by toggling their property override, and they did help a smidge. 

Does anybody have any other suggestions on helping a large-framed figure actually move without...folding? 

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610
    edited August 2018

I'm making some progress, though not how I originally had thought. I purchased X-Morphs and loaded Michael 7's torso, as that is the shape that was bugging me the most with Swole 7. The thighs I am able to tweak way down via previously purchased morphs. 

Still, I would love for someone to be able to clue me in on how to make a larger-framed character and not have him literally fold when posing - or is that just a limitation with the DAZ character itself? Would I have better luck with Gen 8? I hope the answer there is a resounding "no" because I did check out ways to transfer morphs from Gen 3 to Gen 8, and even though I would only want to transfer the face shape, my head still spins trying to read all of the steps and methods. There's like 27 pages and each page says something different, lol. 

Post edited by MelissaGT on