Where can Bryce content be installed?

Where can Bryce content be installed?  Does it have to be in the Program Files directory of Windows?  if so why?

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,120

Miss Bad Wolf - some Bryce Content can be installed where you later find it, even on a memory stick. There are a few items that need to be in a very specific folder under the Bryce main folder. You find all relevant information in this PDF document. https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I have none of my Bryce content installed in the Program files directory of Windows 7.   Bryce and all it's content are not even installed on my C drive. 

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

Horo's great guide covers your question in depth and I often refer back to it when I forget what *needs* to go where.

That said, the so-called 'big idea' goes (roughly):

- The Bryce *program* folder (with the main Bryce program (exe) and supporting program elements) can be located as a folder/collection anywhere you choose (as per Chohole's comment).

- Certain kinds of Bryce *content* must be in/under that same program installation folder.

- Other Bryce *content* can be located anywhere you choose (and can 'browse' to).

again, Horo's pdf file covers the various details in wonderful depth and clarity.

Good luck!,

--ms

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433

Let's say I want to install my .obp files from Bryce 5, 5.5, and 6 into my Bryce 7 Create Library. Do I extract the files and then drag and drop them into the proper folder? I have several packages made for the earlier versions of Bryce, and I wish to use them in Bryce 7.1 Pro.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,120

Mage 13X13 - you can select all in a particular library, export them and import them in the other Bryce version. You can also just copy the obp files into the new location.