Gen Female 2 Morph Questions?

KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
edited August 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi, please bare with me because this is something I've never done except for myself. I might have morph and injection confused. Not sure.

1st, stupid question. I can use the Parameters values to create my own person and that is called a morph? 2) I can give away or sell those morph settings? Correct?

I've made a child body and face with Gen female 2. I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly before testing the morph at Sharecg.

I saved as a preset character in My DAZ 3D Library\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female\Morphs\Kimberly is that the correct spot to save it? I have a feeling that is the wrong spot.

I also so tried save as > support asset> Morph asset which I would think is correct however I can't find the file location it only gave me the main folder options to pick from when saving.

I looked in the help guide but if anyone knows of a good tutor for making a morph show as a bar in Parameters values, please share it.

Thanks
Kimberly

Post edited by KimberSue on

Comments

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited August 2013

I can answer some of this...

I can use the Parameters values to create my own person...
    Yes.

...and that is called a morph?
    Not exactly, or at least not yet. I would define a morph as a change to the mesh (shape of a figure) that's controlled by a slider. And actually, that definition is probably a little too broad, because it would include things like expressions that aren't usually considered morphs. A dialed character is not a morph because you need to set multiple sliders in order to use it...but it is possible to turn a dialed character into a morph (see below).

2) I can give away or sell those morph settings?

I looked in the help guide but if anyone knows of a good tutor for making a morph show as a bar in Parameters values, please share it.
    You can sell or give away a character preset that when loaded will set the morph dials to the appropriate values. But anyone who wants to use the preset will need to own all the morphs that you used. It's possible to turn your dialed character into a morph...there are two ways to do this that I know of. One would still require that users have all the morphs that you used, but could be legally distributed. The other way would embed the morphs but could not legally be distributed*. Both options are discussed in this thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10762/ A couple more threads with good information on making your own morphs:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1636/#18780
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6484/ *unless ALL the morphs that are embedded are from a merchant resource or several merchant resources that are explicitly licensed for this purpose. Check the documentation, because some merchant resources have limits as to what you can do with them (for instance, some say you can use them in commercial products, but not in freebies). Edited to add: all the above links reference the Genesis figure, but I think G2F works in basically the same way.
    Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

Thank you, I was having a horrible time find help topics I could read.