DAZ Studio Pro BETA (4.6.0.81), Now Available!

12346»

Comments

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited September 2013

Greetings,
    I'm having semi-regular crashes with this version, unfortunately. I've reported them as best I can, and I encourage everyone to do the same. Using it and finding bugs makes it better.

[Edit: ...and they've informed me that it was a 3Delight bug, and the fixed version will ship with the next DS! Yay for fixing crashers!]

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

DAZ_cjones thanks. it sems consistent.

then I hope , when release official version,

DS have option to choose "on" and "off" to use user projection morph.
    (idealy,, when select on,, user can choose one projection morph from which mede by user,
    like a auto-fit, I hope so )

at current, when I fit to clothing on character, it must work without a particular overwrite morph.
    eg when I hope to fit underwear tightly to Character ,I may not hope to apply my loose fit template.

At this case, (And I think it is not rare case)
    I need manually move the projection Character template file, from the directory.
    there seems no other way.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

msorrels said:
    OK I fixed the problem with old scenes not loading (and complaining about files in \data\auto_adapted\... being missing). Turns out while the new install did know about my primary DS/Poser directory, it didn't actually bring over all my DS content folder locations (not really sure how it got the one primary one but not the others). I ended up taking a screen snapshot of my content manager settings from 4.6 and duplicating that in the Beta 4.6.0.81. That fixed my missing \data files. I didn't even realize my DAZ Scene folder (where I save all my DAZ Scenes) was also listed in the Content Manager (under Other Formats) and had it's own \data folder.

Had this new version installed with the same preferences and settings I don't think I would have seen this problem. Hopefully they can work on that.

The Beta and the Release version, intentionally, do not share preferences. This is to prevent a Beta from corrupting your Release version, especially since the Beta may have different things set in preferences for things like new features.
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    Looks like new beta is somehow managing to make Reality lights unsupported in Reality...

http://www.deviantart.com/journal/Attention-Daz-Studio-Beta-Users-395300479

Fixed in the next Public Beta.
    edited December 1969

Mercedesk said:

Amended 5 minutes later: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! That did it, thank you so much! Whew... I wasn't feeling it. I'll just wait until things are worked out. To be honest, I found that I didn't like it. The auto default camera was gone, I like it being there automatically. Still can't get CMS up and running in the Smart Content, but - I've given up on that. In any case, I'm going to wait until they up to it a firm and well working and received 4.7 ... :)

That is just because the Public Beta does not read your DS Preferences from the Release version.

Smart Content issues is likely a corrupt database. We have this: https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/22523891-Trouble-shooting-the-Smart-Content-Pane

edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    Jabba101 said:
    Looks like new beta is somehow managing to make Reality lights unsupported in Reality...

Oy... sounds like quite a showstopper. Anyone know if it's just a Reality problem, or is it actually a LuxRender problem (so it'll also affect Luxus, which I'm just slowly getting to grips with) ?
    Well, nothing's changed with the other applications, the change is inside DAZ Studio.

Don't have a clue about Luxus because none of the optional plug-ins are available to the default beta install, so no Luxus options showing.

I didn't understood why it wouldn't work as I have not seen any change in the lights or anything in the SDK. But in fact I guess the problem is the way the beta is done. Before we could simply install over our Stable version and all plugins or shaders were already there.
    Now with the beta beeing made to work side by side with the Stable version, all you get with the beta is only what is included in the beta, that means DS only

The long workaround would be to reinstall all missing plugins and whatever custom thing you could have

Another way is simply go to your DAZ Stable version directory, then copy "Shaders", "Script" and "Plugins" directories then paste these in the new beta intallation folder. Overwrite Directories but DO NOT overwrite files when asked (I should say DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK but it's only the beta directory so no problem appart from messing the beta right?)

This way you get back Shaders/plugins and custom script if you have any

There is also customized settings that are lost (I have a custom UI) We are working on the plug-ins and shaders not getting installed to both the Beta and the release version. For example we just rebuilt the PW Shader sets to install to both Release and the Beta. 3rd party plug-ins will follow once we know that it is working correctly.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:

Fixed in the next Public Beta. Thank you... I'll look forward to trying it out ;)
  • chorsechorse Posts: 163
    edited December 1969

DAZ Studio Pro BETA (4.6.0.81) 64bit, WIN 8 64, always crashes when I switch to the Cartoon Shader. I would upload the DS crash report, but the system won't allow it.

BTW: Sorry to say this, but new bug report system is useless. Before we could see other report and add our comments, see status of the bugs etc. now we just send up reports blindly. There is no incentive to use the current system. Why not use the same system as private beta's use?

just my two sense worth....

• Eva1Eva1 Posts: 1,249
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    DavidGB, I'm sorry that you feel like you are excluded. However, DIM is freely available to anyone thus the beta is available to anyone. It is your choice that is limiting you as clearly you could participate if you wished to do so.

Still, I raised the issue of non-DIM availability to the web team just in case they want to enable that type of functionality.

Thanks for raising the issue adam - I really hope making DS DIM only is not the way forward for future DS releases. The option to manually install should be kept.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Eva1 said:
    adamr001 said:
    DavidGB, I'm sorry that you feel like you are excluded. However, DIM is freely available to anyone thus the beta is available to anyone. It is your choice that is limiting you as clearly you could participate if you wished to do so.

Still, I raised the issue of non-DIM availability to the web team just in case they want to enable that type of functionality.

Thanks for raising the issue adam - I really hope making DS DIM only is not the way forward for future DS releases. The option to manually install should be kept.

Future releases will continue to have stand-alone installers. It is only the beta that is DIM-only, to ensure that it can be installed in parallel with the release version.

• RodrakRodrak Posts: 81
    edited December 1969

chorse said:
    DAZ Studio Pro BETA (4.6.0.81) 64bit, WIN 8 64, always crashes when I switch to the Cartoon Shader. I would upload the DS crash report, but the system won't allow it.

BTW: Sorry to say this, but new bug report system is useless. Before we could see other report and add our comments, see status of the bugs etc. now we just send up reports blindly. There is no incentive to use the current system. Why not use the same system as private beta's use?

just my two sense worth....

According to change log this bug seems to be fixed in some later beta version:
    Fixed #50686 : Program crashes when Cartoon Shaded is selected

But I agree that the new bug report system is horrible.
  • TrishaTrisha Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

I'm a little frustrated. I installed this beta version and now I can't reinstall my 4.5 version because it's 'inactive'. This version runs really really slow on my computer and keeps crashing. I'm running behind on deadlines because I can't get it to work the way it used to. Even when I only have two characters loaded daz runs so slow it's not funny. Is there a way I can get my old version back? I'm losing business over this.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The Beta version had to be installed with the DIM as far as I know, and it did not require your previous version to be uninstalled, so you should have kept both versions on your machine. If you uninstalled DS4.5, do you still have the installer on your machine? I keep all of my installers, from 2005 to the present.

If you don't have the installer, you can re-download it from your My Account > Product Library. Although it says inactive, it will still allow you to download it.

• TrishaTrisha Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

Ok thank you for getting back to me. I'll give it a go.

• chorsechorse Posts: 163
    edited September 2013

I am getting two more crashes:

1. DS crashes when opening some legacy DS2 and DS 3 scenes.

3. DS Crashes when I attempt to set up the target in the Animate 2 parent constraint.

Both issues and DS crash reports sent to support.

Also when is a new public beta coming out? Some of the issues with this beta are major.

Post edited by chorse on