a question about genesis morphs and V4

Tye1980Tye1980 Posts: 78
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

is there anyway of transferring the Julie Morph to V4?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,870
    edited December 1969

Not, so far as I am aware, using the tools built into DAZ Studio and Poser. You might be able to use it if you loaded V4 in the foreground and the Julie morph as an OBJ in the background and used a push command or the like in a modeller with background constraint on

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Julie is a Genesis figure which makes her compatible with most V4 clothing and materials anyway. Assuming you're not using an older version of Poser which is incompatible with the DSON importer, you'll probably find it easier just to stick with Genesis if you want to use Julie. Failing that, there are also teen morphs available for V4, though they're not quite as glamorous in my opinion due to no weight mapping.

• Tye1980Tye1980 Posts: 78
    edited December 1969

it's just Daz 4.6 has a problem with rendering most of the time it crashes so i thought of going back to Daz 3 or V4 and seeing if either one of them would help with my renders :)

edited December 1969

Are you using the 32 bit version? If so, can you use the 64 bit version?

edited December 1969

32 bit as my pc is only a 32 bit :(

edited December 1969

Unfortunately that is going to limit you - it's very easy to run out of memory and crash in the 32 bit version. Limiting the complexity of your scenes can help (you can render in layers, loading the previous render as a backdrop as you work from front to back) or you can render one light at a time, then stack all the images up in an image editor and set the blend mode to Screen (I think) but either strategy can occasionally break down. You can also, depending on your final image size, try lowering the size of your textures (making a copy of the originals first, of course) but in theory 3Delight already adjusts the size it uses to reflect output size.

edited August 2013

I normally just render the person fully clothed and textured (sometimes with shaders) I sometimes use Fisty's light that they included in there Sparkles shader : )

sometimes even test renders can crash it which is a big pain.

I have found which shaders cause the most trouble though so maybe limiting them I'll not have any more crashes :)

Post edited by Tye1980 on