Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.11.0.335! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• on nvidia drivers 418.91 and the previous ones the beta quit rendering on cpu ,gtx 1080.

daz 4.10 on this drivers works ok.

on 417.71 all works ok both on beta and standard version of daz.

• My 1060 also stopped working
    Have to wait for a new driver

• I'm still not able to save/retrieve parameter favorite settings.  I had Daz3D v4.10 and v4.11 installed.  I uninstalled both, and reinstalled v4.11 (beta).  I created a new scene and put G8M on it, and click on his head and selected the favorite heart in Bend, Twist, and Side-Side.  I saved the scene, closed the program, reopened, loaded the scene, and the favorites are not checked.  

The log file has the following:

2019-02-16 17:22:57.912 JSON interpreter warning: Unexpected string in array: XRotate
    2019-02-16 17:22:57.912 JSON interpreter warning: Unexpected string in array: YRotate
    2019-02-16 17:22:57.912 JSON interpreter warning: Unexpected string in array: ZRotate

Do you know how to fix this?

• VEGA said:

New Nvidia driver 418.91 still falls back to CPU when trying Iray rendering.

Confirmed. I m on Armor Oc 1080 , its the 418.91 , I ve installed the DHC version of nvidia driver

• DanHoytDanHoyt Posts: 14
    edited February 2019

An interesting note

VEGA said:

I just got a new RTX 2080 today and installed 418.91 before checking this thread to see if this had been fixed. I tried Sickleyield's benchmark scene, and it rendered just fine (athough the CPU+GPU render is SLOWER than just GPU). However, it IS falling back to CPU on the 2018 benchmark scene:

2019-02-18 15:05:17.492 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(304): Iray ERROR - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.4   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce RTX 2080): an illegal instruction was encountered (while launching CUDA renderer in core_renderer_wf.cpp:437)

So maybe it's not a general falure with the 418.xx drivers, but something related to the scene content.

Post edited by DanHoyt on
  • DanHoyt said:

An interesting note

VEGA said:

I just got a new RTX 2080 today and installed 418.91 before checking this thread to see if this had been fixed. I tried Sickleyield's benchmark scene, and it rendered just fine (athough the CPU+GPU render is SLOWER than just GPU). However, it IS falling back to CPU on the 2018 benchmark scene:

2019-02-18 15:05:17.492 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(304): Iray ERROR - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.4   IRAY   rend error: CUDA device 0 (GeForce RTX 2080): an illegal instruction was encountered (while launching CUDA renderer in core_renderer_wf.cpp:437)

So maybe it's not a general falure with the 418.xx drivers, but something related to the scene content.

There is an issue with the driver, so fall back to 417.71

• DanHoyt said:
    There is an issue with the driver, so fall back to 417.71

I know; I have done so and the GPU rendering is working in DS11. I just find it interesting that not ALL scenes fail to GPU render. Can't wait to see what the RTX 2080 can do when the RT cores are in play!

• Does anyone know what could cause these errors?  Or how to resolve them?

2019-02-16 17:22:57.912 JSON interpreter warning: Unexpected string in array: XRotate
    2019-02-16 17:22:57.912 JSON interpreter warning: Unexpected string in array: YRotate
    2019-02-16 17:22:57.912 JSON interpreter warning: Unexpected string in array: ZRotate

• Brainstem said:

Does anyone know what could cause these errors?  Or how to resolve them?

What were you trying to do for those errors to appear in the log?

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I'm sorry if someone has mentioned this already, but why, when I have the denoiser set, does it only work sometimes? Is this supposed to happen? Because I've run it on the same scene and it's kicked in when it's supposed to sometimes and not kicked in at all sometimes. It's very frustrating.

Laurie

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,928
    AllenArt said:

I'm sorry if someone has mentioned this already, but why, when I have the denoiser set, does it only work sometimes? Is this supposed to happen? Because I've run it on the same scene and it's kicked in when it's supposed to sometimes and not kicked in at all sometimes. It's very frustrating.

Laurie

Are you getting booted to CPU rendering? Because CPU rendering cannot use the denoiser...

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Not according to GPU-Z I'm not. Is that kind of thing in the DS log? Cause it's only a figure with underwear and a background prop and I have a 6 gig card.

Laurie

• Brainstem said:

Does anyone know what could cause these errors?  Or how to resolve them?

What were you trying to do for those errors to appear in the log?

I'm trying to save/retrieve parameter favorite settings.  I had Daz3D v4.10 and v4.11 installed.  I uninstalled both, and reinstalled v4.11 (beta).  I created a new scene and put G8M on it, and click on his head and selected the favorite heart in Bend, Twist, and Side-Side.  I saved the scene, closed the program, reopened, loaded the scene, and the favorites are not checked.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

That has happened to me when the scene fit in the GPU, but there wasn't enough extra room for the denoising. There were messages in the log file about the problem.
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,928
    AllenArt said:

Not according to GPU-Z I'm not. Is that kind of thing in the DS log? Cause it's only a figure with underwear and a background prop and I have a 6 gig card.

Laurie

That's strange then, as the only time the de-noiser wouldn't work for me is when I'm booted to CPU rendering, are you using NVidia driver 417.71? If so I can only suggest a bug report/Nuts&Bolt thread as I have regrettably no solution...

•  

I have the latest drivers installed and my GPU recognizes but it does not use it. I'll try to go back to the November release tonight

• stuart.lowsley@ntlworld.com[email protected] Posts: 19
    edited February 2019

According to Nvidia, graphics drivers 419.17 has fixed Iray optix crashing to to CPU. Can’t test this for myself atm as I am at work.

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • neumi1337neumi1337 Posts: 18
    edited February 2019

According to Nvidia, graphics drivers 419.17 has fixed Iray optix crashing to to CPU. Can’t test this for myself atm as I am at work.

I just downloaded the newest driver (419.17) and Iray works in Daz3D 4.11.0.236 with two 2080ti.

Post edited by neumi1337 on
  • RayDAntRayDAnt Posts: 1,120
    neumi1337 said:

I just downloaded the newest driver (419.17) and Iray works in Daz3D 4.11.0.236 with two 2080ti.

Can also confirm that rendering in DS 4.11 Beta now works again with my Titan RTX on 419.17 drivers.

Glossy Roughness seems to have changed between DS 4.10.0.123 and DS 4.11.0.236. I don't see anything in the change log highlights that I interpreted to explain this. The same glossy roughness map is much glossier in DS 4.11. I used a 16 bit grayscale PNG with black stripes on white background as my glossy roughness map. The lighting is the default HDRI.

Does anyone else see this?
    Is this an intentional bug fix or an unexpected behavior?

DS 4.10 Sphere Glossy Roughness Stripes 16 bit.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 803K
    DS 4.11 Sphere Glossy Roughness Stripes 16 bit.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 784K
    Glossy Roughness 16 bit stripes.png
    4096 x 4096 - 43K
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,846

I installed today's updated driver and it works fine for me. I have a GTX 1080 and an RTX 2080. Everything seems to be faster including navigating the viewport preview (NVIDIA Iray) mode.

• VEGAVEGA Posts: 86

Yes new 419.17 driver as stated in documentation "Fixed Issues in this Release: [Iray][OptiX]: Iray GPU acceleration crashes and falls back to CPU acceleration. [2503738]" is fixed.

• LCJDLCJD Posts: 13
    nDelphi said:

I installed today's updated driver and it works fine for me. I have a GTX 1080 and an RTX 2080. Everything seems to be faster including navigating the viewport preview (NVIDIA Iray) mode.

Hy nDelphi smiley ! I have GTX 1070 and I want to buy a RTX 2080. Is everything work fine when you combine RTX + GTX for render ? 

• is DS abandonware right now?, maybe is going the Silo route?, a Beta going on for 4 months is a no-no.

• is DS abandonware right now?, maybe is going the Silo route?, a Beta going on for 4 months is a no-no.

The answer to that is in the change log, which shows pretty much daily builds through the work week (though it tends to be updated in batches, every week or so).

is DS abandonware right now?, maybe is going the Silo route?, a Beta going on for 4 months is a no-no.

The answer to that is in the change log, which shows pretty much daily builds through the work week (though it tends to be updated in batches, every week or so).

The change log has no dates. How do you determine when it has been updated? Do you just look at it daily and keep track yourself?

• Well, not daily but I do check periodically - and Rob sometimes flags a post and points us to an entry in the change log showing that the issue has been addressed or the feature added.

• well, I hope the Cancel button when we load an scene by mistake is fixed now!

• There hasn't been a public beta since last August, although there has been 'Private' progress sporadically. :0/

This discussion has been closed.