Hair problems with arms up poses

I'm relativly new to daz3d.
When I have a pose where the arms are up the hair when it's longer goes trough the arms. Here I'm using "Bronwyn Hair". I've tried all the diffrent morphs it comes with but it doesn't fix my problem. It's not just happening with this hair, but with all the long hairs I've tried so far. What can I do to make it go away?

hair.JPG
570 x 712 - 62K

Comments

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384
    edited July 2018

Hi Maria,

It's too bad that the morphs don't alleviate this for you. If it were me and no matter what hair I used, it conflicted with the pose, I'd pick my favorite hair and do what I could to tweak the pose. Obviously you can't do anything about how the hair behaves but if you rotate the right shoulder down to the point that it's no longer intersecting, from there you should be able to bend/twist the forearm to still maintain the effect of the pose (arms up). It will take some manipulation and patience but you should be able to work it so that you are happy with the result. One tip I'll give you that I WISH I had known earlier is this. USE THE ACTIVE POSE TOOL! It's the one that looks like a bone. It works great with minute posing and allows you to control specific bones without affecting the entire figure. Pinning is important and easy.

For yours, I'd start by selecting the shoulder and finding the right movement in the Parameters Tab i.e. Front/Back, Bend, Twist and see which one works. Then, with the shoulder still selected, look for what looks like a push pin. You should see it near the shoulder, I think it will be green. Just click on that and it will freeze the shoulder in place. Then go to your pose tools (mine are at the top of the viewport but it depends on your layout) Select the one that looks like a bone. Then, if I were you, I'd select the palm of the hand and just drag it back to it's original place before you adjust the shoulder. This will bend/move the forearm and hand You may have to rotate a bit around to make sure it's in the right spot. Then when you're happy, you can select the shoulder again and unpin it. Voila!! You just customized a pose! I've been working with Daz for about three years now and it took me until about 2months ago to realize this tool existed and how useful it is. Since you're new, I wanted to pay that bit of advice forward in case you didn't know because I wasted 2.5 years doing my posing the hard way. If you need any help or have further questions, feel free to send me a message here or just post in this forum. There is loads of experianced artists here and everyone is really helpful.

Have fun!

Post edited by DDCreate on
  • LosingSignalLosingSignal Posts: 409
    I think I fought with Bronwyn Hair recently. If it's the one I remember, the hair itself has several bones (Left Front 1, Right Front 2, and so on) built into it. I was able to select the parts in question and move them out of the way using the normal parameters (Bend, Side to Side, and Twist).

aside from that, or shifting the pose like DDCreate suggested, the really hard option would be to use dForms to move the hair to a new position. I'd change the pose before doing that, though. :)

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

You might want to take a look at this Daz 3D tutorial video that talks about ways to fix collisions with hair products using various shaping tools.