Prehistoric HDRI

I would love to use this more often but I can't  seem to get the characters' feet on the ground.

Did anyone experience the same issue and had a solution?

Comments

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Adjust camera angles, or move the characters down. Or hide the feet with vegetation. Add something else as the ground, and tweek the scene till it fits? This is a problem with most HDRI's, but there are ways around it. Good luck, but more importantly, have fun using your imagination with your renders.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I have this issue with most hdris. I find if I put the scene in Iray preview I can adjust the y axis of the character manually to counteract this issue. Yet is an annoyance because if I switch hdri the feet can float or sink automatically. There needs to be some standardization.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

You can also switch the ground option from manual to automatic or vice versa to see if this improves.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

The HDRI shoudl adopt to use the lowest part of any item in the scene as it's ground level. I tend to chuck in a dAZ primitive plane to check alignment on the Y-axis.  That,a nd the manual positioning of the ground using Iray preview as suggested by Serene Night

• alienareaalienarea Posts: 507

Thank you.

I did that trick with placing some plants in the foreground and it works, still it feels like cheating.

Can anyone identify which ground shaders where used in the prehistoric hdris? I would want to add a ground plane with the same shader and put plants on the seems if necessary.