How do I get the fan blades to have a motion blur

On the Single Man Light Aircraft...I am trying to get the fan blades to render out with the motion blur like the promo images.  Looked everywhere within surfaces and can't find options to make it work.

Also looked in Parameters tab as well.  There is a spin slider there, but can't get it to affect the final render for the blur effect.

See attached for the look I am trying to achive with the fan blades

Thanks for any help!

06-single-man-light-aircraft-daz3d.jpg
1900 x 1069 - 501K

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947

If it's Iary theer is no way, apart from postwork to get motion blus from within Daz Studio.  With 3Delight you can, and I have a handy little tutoral on just that!

• kentphotokentphoto Posts: 81

Thanks for that tip Simon...but with other other products that have spinning props, there have been options in the pose tabs to affect the props with motion blur with out having to come up with time comsuming alternatives that you gave cause I would have to spend hours figuring it out when in truth, I would prefer just like to adjust a few sliders and be done with it.

I think with such a aircraft, the spinning blades are 80%of the product of having the aircraft look like its flying....and motionless fan blades aint gunna cut it :(

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,897

Generally if there is a 'motion blur blade' product, it's actually a disk with a transparency so it looks like blurred blades, not actual motion blur.

One option would be to find a product with that texture, place in a plane in the appropriate spot, and apply the 'blurred props' texture to it.

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,311

Maybe this will help??? (Don't have that product, so can't tell how well it works)

https://www.daz3d.com/motion-blur-for-iray

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/95196/

• Check that there isn't an alternative body aprt for the fans, one pre-blurred (though the promo renders don't look like motion blur to me).

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,542
    Oso3D said:

Generally if there is a 'motion blur blade' product, it's actually a disk with a transparency so it looks like blurred blades, not actual motion blur.

I have several (admittedly old) products and that's exactly how they do it. 

• kentphotokentphoto Posts: 81

Check that there isn't an alternative body aprt for the fans, one pre-blurred (though the promo renders don't look like motion blur to me).

Searched high and low and can't find a alternative body part for the fans

• ToborTobor Posts: 2,300

Threads like this are always a good opportunity to remind users (so we can collectively request features) that Iray for years has supported both motion blur and shutter blur, but these features are not supported in the D|S interface.

In my experience, the best prop blurs are postworked, the way an artist would do it in a painting. It takes a little extra time, but it's not difficult once you practice a bit.

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,874
    edited July 2018

I would sincerely hope some coming version of DS would, in fact, support motion blur effects in iRay.  Any chance it will be here in Daz Studio version 5?

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,063

Any chance it will be here in Daz Studio version 5?

No one knows when a DS5 will be released and what will be in it.

• mlominymlominy Posts: 211

In situations like that, here is what i do (Note that my method only works if the blades can be moved in DAZ):

Make several renders, but just change the blades position.

In Photoshop, put all those renders as layers, and put the opacity/transparency to 50% or so. Experiment.

I know this is not the best effect as you won't see the blade's trails, but that's acceptable to give the illusion the blades are moving...

• On the other hand, there's this product:

https://www.daz3d.com/motion-blur-for-iray