Understanding Dforce

I'm trying to understand using Dforce I know there are many tutorials on Youtube and what have you but some of those that instruct the tutorials seem to move very quickly for me. Even when I stop and replay a part it's still goes fast for me. Is there a more kinder tut for us old slower folks?

Also when I see item in the store that are Dforce are the only used in Dforce or can they be used just like non Dforce items?

Thanks! 

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553

dforce items are very similar to dynamic with the upside being that they are also rigged, so you don't usually need to use a keyframe animation to get good results like you would with dyanmic items.

What specific areas are youi having problems with?

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

This thread explains a lot of things and has quite a few step-by steps tutorials and experiments: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/208141/how-to-use-dforce-creating-a-blanket-draping-clothes-on-furniture-and-much-more#latest

• FSMCDesigns

Well lol the whole idea of learning about Dforce :( I am a poser user that has been converted into a follower of studio so I;m on the learning curve. I've gotten good at creating scenes and the feel of DS but I really want to learn the Dforce side of it since I find it amazing and seemingly not as complicated and the cloth room in poser.

Thank you BeeMKay I will check out the thread.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553

FSMCDesigns

Well lol the whole idea of learning about Dforce :( I am a poser user that has been converted into a follower of studio so I;m on the learning curve. I've gotten good at creating scenes and the feel of DS but I really want to learn the Dforce side of it since I find it amazing and seemingly not as complicated and the cloth room in poser.

Thank you BeeMKay I will check out the thread.

I am a long time poser user also and dforce is much easier to deal with than the poser cloth room, alhtough many of the same tecnhiques apply.

In most cases, if you buy a dforce item, you just need to fit it and then run the simulation, but make sure you turn off start bones from memorized pose in the simulation - initialazation panel

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Also when I see item in the store that are Dforce are the only used in Dforce or can they be used just like non Dforce items?

To answer this part of the OP, some can be used as non-dForce items, but many would have various problems, especially with textures deforming. Check the details with any promotion, and also check any posts in the forum. And the Daz store has a 30 day refund policy, if things go wrong.

• Ok I wanted to start to play with deforce and got this message and have no clue what it means or what to do. Is my graphics card not strong enough to do simulations?

Thanks

Capture.JPG
    524 x 170 - 19K
  • Ok I wanted to start to play with deforce and got this message and have no clue what it means or what to do. Is my graphics card not strong enough to do simulations?

Thanks

It's just warning you that it will take a bit longer than usual as it does the compilation, it isn't an error.