Dforce Issue

WallflowerWallflower Posts: 35

Hello gentlemen .

Yeah i know "this newbie and his dforce problems again." laugh 

I'm trying to make an animation with Genesis 8 figure and a dforce cloth. Everything works fine except when the character's arm touches the clotch even for a split of a second, it sticks with the arm for the rest of the simulation. I tried to simulate it with many different options but nothing worked.

I appreciate any type of help.

Post edited by Wallflower on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    Add a key frame at the time where the arm touches and move the arm slightly so it doesn't touch.
  • WallflowerWallflower Posts: 35
    barbult said:
    Add a key frame at the time where the arm touches and move the arm slightly so it doesn't touch.

From the way you said it looks like this punch is undodgeable. So what's the solution if we want the character touches the body ?

I think there should be a solution otherwise dforce is pretty useless most of the time in animating.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

I'd select the arm surfaces and set them to not be visible in simulation.

edited July 2018
    SimonJM said:

It doesn't work. When i set that option simulation doesn't work for some reason and the cloth just flies away.

Post edited by Wallflower on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited July 2018
    SimonJM said:

It doesn't work. When i set that option simulation doesn't work for some reason and the cloth just flys away

It should work fine as long as you set only the arm and hand to not be visible in simulation. Don't set the whole character not visible in simulation.  

Another caveat: This technique works well, as long as you don't need the arm or hand to push the fabric. 

Post edited by barbult on
    barbult said:
    SimonJM said:

It doesn't work. When i set that option simulation doesn't work for some reason and the cloth just flys away

It should work fine as long as you set only the arm and hand to not be visible in simulation. Don't set the whole character not visible in simulation.  

Another caveat: This technique works well, as long as you don't need the arm or hand to push the fabric. 

Actually i do want the hand to push the fabric, but even if i don't and make the surface of the hand invisible in simulation the simulation just doesn't work. Make the surface invisible in simulation from the surface tab or parametrs tab or even the eye icon in the scene tab to just make it invisible normally doesn't work at all and makes the cloth to fly away. Looks like in the simulation everything should be visible.