Fatal error- crashes

lindanslindans Posts: 99

I seem to be having a lot of crashes and fatal error messages lately almost everytime I try something. I just tried to load Aeon souls proxy shoes (genesis 3) on to genesis 8  and I more or less got a fatal error message straight away, sometime I get half way through a render and it crashes. It is very frustrating, most of the time I just give up trying to do anything.  Does my pc need upgrading, should I reinstall DAZ Studio 4.10Pro? I am on windows 10 with 32 GB RAM 64 bit OS Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @3.50GHz graphics card NVIDIA GE Force GTX 750ti 4096MB  -  any advice appreciated.

Post edited by lindans on

Comments

• ebergerlyebergerly Posts: 3,255

In Windows10 go to Security & Maintenance/Reliability History and see what's been going on with your PC in the last few days. Does it show crashes? Did new drivers get installed?

Then check the Iray log file in Studio (Help/Troubleshooting/View Log File) and see what it says.

What do you mean by you've been getting "fatal error messages"? Is it a Windows error? 

Is this a new machine? Did this problem just start recently? If so, what else changed on your machine recently?