Viewport navigation is hidden under AuxViewport

ForestBoyForestBoy Posts: 76

Hello!

When I open up some panes, the navigation controls of the viewport (Single View) get hidden under the AuxViewport.

When I switch the ViewPort to "Side by Side", the yellow frame gets into the correct position again, and the navigation controls are shown, but I would like to have Single View.

Is there a way around this behaviour?

Thank you very much!

aux1.png
1921 x 1034 - 139K
Post edited by ForestBoy on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,273

Maybe it has a minimum size requirement? What if you hide the panes on the left? Try docking the Tool Settings tab onto one of the other panes so that it doesn't use up so much real estate. (Click and hold the tab, on the text label, not the pane, and drag it into place at the bottom of the leftmost pane, under Simulation Settings). That will give you more space for the viewport.

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,585

This is a known bug. The minimum width set for the Shader Mixer seems to be causing it. There are a couple of work-a-rounds.

1] If you're not using the 'Shader Mixer' regularly then just removing it will allow the Viewport to fit.

2] If you want to keep the 'Shader Mixer' then follow these steps each time you open DS to reset the min-width for the Viewport:

i) switch to the Shader Mixer tab

ii) collapse one of the side tab areas, for example close the Parameters tab.

iii) open the side you closed (open Parameters) and switch back to the corrected Viewport.

• prixat said:

This is a known bug. The minimum width set for the Shader Mixer seems to be causing it. There are a couple of work-a-rounds.

1] If you're not using the 'Shader Mixer' regularly then just removing it will allow the Viewport to fit.

2] If you want to keep the 'Shader Mixer' then follow these steps each time you open DS to reset the min-width for the Viewport:

i) switch to the Shader Mixer tab

ii) collapse one of the side tab areas, for example close the Parameters tab.

iii) open the side you closed (open Parameters) and switch back to the corrected Viewport.

I have a separate "Activity" (room, tab) for sahders with a big Shader Mixer/Builder pane and a small Viewport not docked (could actually switch thata round, dock the main Viewport with the Sahder pane and have the Aux Viewport for immediate reference).

• Thank you very much, @prixat

Your solution solved the problem for me.