How to define zero ?

Hello !

I give on an simple example : I have a plane whith is by default horizontal. I would like to show it vertical so I define X rotate to 90. Perfect !

But now i would like to save this pose like X rotate was 0. If I reload my plane, all parameters at 0 and plane display vertical. Is it easy ?

Thank you for help :-))

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

When you load the plane there is a section for Primary Axis and I think setting it to Z Positive loads it vertical.

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983

This is easy.

If it's not just a plane but anything else you want to have "zeroed" in the current pose (translation/rotation/scale) you could export an OBJ file and import it again. Main Menu: File>Export>Wavefront OBJ

First hide anything else in the scene and set Ignore Invisible in the export options. Use the same Scale Preset for import/export.

By default the export settings include the texture refereces, but you may have to save a shader preset of the original to your library and apply it to the imported - if its using iRay shader have a look at the Surfaces pane for that.

Obviously this works best for static prop/objects and is not meant to work for figure/cloth items.

• Yes Syrus, that's what I want, apply for any object :-)

Thank you Fishtale my example was not good ^^

Thank you Syrus, it's not a one click solution but if it work it's very good !! :))

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,773

Obviously this works best for static prop/objects and is not meant to work for figure/cloth items.

Hey folks! I have the same question as the OP, but about human figures.

For example, I may put my G8 figure into a pose where their whole body is diagonal. Let's say they are a superhero flying up at an angle. But now none of the XYZ vectors are parallel to the floor anymore, and moving the figure around the scene becomes very tedious. What can I do to "reset" the vectors without changing the pose of the figure? Thanks!

• Hylas said:

For example, I may put my G8 figure into a pose where their whole body is diagonal. Let's say they are a superhero flying up at an angle. But now none of the XYZ vectors are parallel to the floor anymore, and moving the figure around the scene becomes very tedious. What can I do to "reset" the vectors without changing the pose of the figure? Thanks!

You can create a Null and parent the character to it.  Make sure Parent In Place is checked on the change parent dialog box.  Now the null is at 0,0,0 and if you move the null it will move the child with the same magnitutde.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    Hylas said:

You can create a Null and parent the character to it.  Make sure Parent In Place is checked on the change parent dialog box.  Now the null is at 0,0,0 and if you move the null it will move the child with the same magnitutde.

I recommend you rotate the hip node and not the root figure. And with the universal tool selected, in the tools tab you can check "use world coordinates" instead of "local coordinates".