Art of the Promo

Comments

• What a quaint nostalgic image,  it's Santa Claus' Workshop by Sloshwerks,  this could easily be a Christmas card.  Good Stuff !

• All I can say is,  I hope those propulsion systems don't give out.  AntFarm New Sea Beast.   Creative as ever. 

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,324

Today's promo is for GoldTassel's lovely new Careless Braid hair.  This is particularly interesting in that it showcases the tradeoffs we have to always think about,  the lantern is lighting the darkness,  technically should be the only light source as the young woman explores the passageway,  but this is a promo and main focus needs to showoff the hair and so additional lights are added.  I also like how the Depth of Field focus is right on the braid.   

DzFire's new TimeGate Promo has that cinematic quality of a frame shot straight out of a movie. 

New SpartechOps Outfit by DarkEdge has some atmospherically cool scifi renders today. 

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

And Probably the cooles Title Promo I have seen in a long time:

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

I was going to post about that outfit too, but couldn't decide which image to choose. Then I slept the day away and now there's already two posts with it, so that'll have to do. smiley I'm not sure what I think of the actual outfit, but the promos are really great.

edited January 2017

Tau Ceti Overseer all attitude scifi promos work well

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

We don't often see toon renders here, but I really thought this was totally adorable. 

There were some great promos among today's new releases, but this one from Meshitup's Man about town stood out the most. Great oil painting feel to it.

• This one was probably my favorite from today...

edited February 2017

Some nice promos with StrangeFate's Kadis Armor.  The Legendary Armor hints at mythic grandeur whether facing the overbearing Minotaur or while awaiting the next battle.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • Some nice promos with StrangeFate's Kadis Armor.  Both 3Delight and Iray represented. 

I could just tip over in shock when I saw this.  I never, EVER thought I'd have a picture in FirstBastion's Art of the Promo thread!  Wow!  Just Wow!  I'm extremely honored.  Mine's the first one with the girl facing the minotaur.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Some nice promos with StrangeFate's Kadis Armor.  Both 3Delight and Iray represented. 

I could just tip over in shock when I saw this.  I never, EVER thought I'd have a picture in FirstBastion's Art of the Promo thread!  Wow!  Just Wow!  I'm extremely honored.  Mine's the first one with the girl facing the minotaur.

That's awesome! Congratulations, KM! Well done!

• Some nice promos with StrangeFate's Kadis Armor.  Both 3Delight and Iray represented. 

That's awesome! Congratulations, KM! Well done!

I'll second that congratulations KnittingMommy! Good show.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

One of my faves out of the ones that you did KM.  Although I'm pretty fond of Evilette as well lol.

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417

Some nice promos with StrangeFate's Kadis Armor.  Both 3Delight and Iray represented. 

Congrats! None of my renders have made it yet, though one of my product descriptions did. :D

• Today's entry is Bad Girls Textures for the Supersuit. The sheer creativity to the texture work on this set deserves attention,  turning a ho-hum one piece body suit into a variety of stylized outfits that fit numerous genres is really inspired.  Throw the fact that the marquee in the background of the image includes the PA name Linday was something I had to mention.  Promo pics that tell a story or show a bit of thought garner attention. 

• @Divamakeup, @TheMaxFisher, Ice Dragon Art and @Valendar  Thanks, everyone.  Two days out and I'm still in the clouds.  :)

That's an amazing image, FB.  I didn't even know that could be done with the Supersuit!  I love the camera angle and overall feel to the image, too.  :)

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Congratulations! That's an AMAZING work of art! Great job!!!

• Llynara said:

Congratulations! That's an AMAZING work of art! Great job!!!

Thanks.  :)

• @Saiyaness has a new girl in town today that is awesome looking, Nyarai for Genesis 3 Female.  I love how natural and distinctive she looks.  However, I think the best part of her promos were the three different promos showing her figure in the same pose under a variety of popular lighting sets available in the store.  Wow! I think more vendors should do something like this.  Of the threes provided, I've linked the promo which shows the lighting available with the default DAZ HDRI and Sun-Sky which are options that everyone has even if they haven't bought any lights yet.  She also shows a 3Delight version which I know a lot of 3DLers will love.  I think more figure artists should do promos like this.

I agree. Those lights promos leaves out a lot of the guessing work we usually have to do.

• Thanks, guys! That promo feature was well received, so I'll definitely do it again. 

I really like the lighting pics. I love the darker skinned characters but sometimes have trouble lighting them. Thank you, Saiyaness, for taking some of the guesswork out! 

edited February 2017

I'm loving this promo for Bluebird 3D's new Ashley Hair. Would love to know if the eyes used are Arki's new Eyedeas, Paris' MacroEyes or something else. Whatever was used, the result is gorgeous and really draws you in. The hair looks great too.

Post edited by Llynara on
    edited February 2017

I have to say, I'm really impressed with the promos for today's new Beach Front Promenade Poses. The lighting is very sunwashed, perfect for that beachy feeling. The characters and their poses are fantastic. These renders look very natural. The promo art is doing what it's meant to do- totally selling the product! Great job, @FeralFey!

Post edited by Llynara on
  • FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,897

Hey, Lynara! Very kind of you to give a shout out on the artwork for the Beach Front Promenade poses. I'd like to take credit for the artwork, but in truth the only thing I was responsible for were the poses. The promo artist that DAZ hired to make the art for this set did a fantastic job capturing the lighting and atmosphere. It's exactly how I envisioned things to look when I built the poses. The artist responsible for these should get full snaps for their work. Unfortunately, I don't know who he or she is. (I have my suspicions though.)

Well, your poses are great and the promo artist did a wonderful job of showcasing them! 

• Saiyaness said:

Thanks, guys! That promo feature was well received, so I'll definitely do it again. 

@Saiyaness  I thought that was a brilliant idea!  So, nice to be able to see what the skin looks like under different lighting conditions.