Ocean Water System without Animate2

Can I do single frame images with iREAL Animated Ocean Water System without Animate2?  Animate2 is a bit expensive right now.

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

You have aniMate Lite edition even with no aniMate2 license to play back the aniBlocks included with that product. Just advance frame by frame til you get to the frame you want to use.

• JMCarriganJMCarrigan Posts: 179

OHHHH.  Thanks loads.

You have aniMate Lite edition even with no aniMate2 license to play back the aniBlocks included with that product. Just advance frame by frame til you get to the frame you want to use.

edited June 2018

OH. I forgot to ask:  Can it plop down in any of the skys and backgrounds.

Post edited by JMCarrigan on

Yes, you can but you will need to position those to make them look plausible.

You need to look at the preset options the PA for the product created and read what the do. If options are missing in the Smart Content tab make sure you have the Ocean model selected and if those options still aren't all there, and they often aren't, the better place to do that is in the Content Library.

Sometimes of the presets are nothing more then scenes if you open them that will replace your current scene so you'll need to merge such a preset into you scene. Otherwise yes, the presets for the will either place the ocean model or will apply a material change to a already added ocean model, or will apply a morph to an ocean model.If you aren't sure what the preset is look down at the bottom of the DS at the 'info' tab with the preset in question selected and read that. But even so it's not always clearly label or described what a preset is doing. If you apply a preset you didn't want to, just undo that action.  

Gawd! Well it'sonly 29.95.

It'll likely go on sale for less in September. Also animate2 will likely go on sale then but you only need it if you are going to edit aniBlocks so it's not really a required product I don't think.

I have it and I am going to keep it if it kills me.

I have no idea what to do now.

It'll likely go on sale for less in September. Also animate2 will likely go on sale then but you only need it if you are going to edit aniBlocks so it's not really a required product I don't think.

I want to move the ocean to the right frame for my single shot. So....what in the heck do I dosmiley?

I'm no not sure if you mean more ocean to the right of the frame of the camera or moved the Ocean animation to a frame on the right.

For moving to ocean to the right of the camera from move the camera to the left. It'll be x or z most likely or a combination of those to to do that. If it's the wrong direction that you typed into the X & Y translate for the ocean model then type the numbers in the opposite direction.

For changing the frame the Ocean animation is on click the double arrow pointing right that looks like fast forward to advance 1 frame at a time. You have to click the the animate tab though to load load the ocean model's anBlock and then doubleclick that so you can frame by frame advance. However since those are in essense just applying or de-applying morphs to the ocean model you don't even need to use the animate timeline just go use some of the ocean shaping/morphing presets in your SmartContent or Content Library tab or go to the Parameters tab or the Shaping tab & apply the morphs listed there to the Ocean model. In both cases the ocean model you what to morph has to be selected.

good luck

I'm no not sure if you mean more ocean to the right of the frame of the camera or moved the Ocean animation to a frame on the right.

For moving to ocean to the right of the camera from move the camera to the left. It'll be x or z most likely or a combination of those to to do that. If it's the wrong direction that you typed into the X & Y translate for the ocean model then type the numbers in the opposite direction.

For changing the frame the Ocean animation is on click the double arrow pointing right that looks like fast forward to advance 1 frame at a time. You have to click the the animate tab though to load load the ocean model's anBlock and then doubleclick that so you can frame by frame advance. However since those are in essense just applying or de-applying morphs to the ocean model you don't even need to use the animate timeline just go use some of the ocean shaping/morphing presets in your SmartContent or Content Library tab or go to the Parameters tab or the Shaping tab & apply the morphs listed there to the Ocean model. In both cases the ocean model you what to morph has to be selected.

The correct frame I mean. The correct frame (single frame) for a single image rather than an animation.

Well you either use the morph sliders to adjust the ocean to look like it looks in that frame or you frame-by-frame advance the aniBlock animation the PA has made until it's at the from you want to render & stop. Then adjust the camera to the left, right, up, down via translation & rotation on the X,Y, & Z axis (you can use the sliders in the Parameter tab or the gizmos in the viewport with the appropriate gizmo icon above the viewport chosen), and then adjust the render settings to be what you want them to be, save the scene & render.

Well you either use the morph sliders to adjust the ocean to look like it looks in that frame or you frame-by-frame advance the aniBlock animation the PA has made until it's at the from you want to render & stop. Then adjust the camera to the left, right, up, down via translation & rotation on the X,Y, & Z axis (you can use the sliders in the Parameter tab or the gizmos in the viewport with the appropriate gizmo icon above the viewport chosen), and then adjust the render settings to be what you want them to be, save the scene & render.

Okay thanks.

edited July 2018

good luck

I'm going to need it. Maybe.  I have just figured out the grid. I really need to know what Iray sky (and far off horizon) works with it best

Post edited by JMCarrigan on

I haven't got it yet.  There is supposed to be a way that I can step through the frames to find that one frame that I want to render as a single.

edited July 2018

It's been a long time since I had animateLite but you should have something similar to my animate2 tab but with less features seeing as you have lite edition freebie. Then just use your mouse cursor to move the 'playHead' to the frame you want to use in the render.

1.png
    1915 x 1021 - 791K
    Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    edited July 2018

Just in case though that DAZ Studio doesn't come with animateLite free anymore there are still ways you can change the ocean to be suited for your render:

1) You'll see in SmartContent in Materials there are many texture effects you can change to for different ocean looks.

2) Also in SmartContent but in Environments for the iREAL Animated Ocean Water System you'll see 4 presets that change how wavy the ocean looks - Dead, Quiet, Rolling, Violent

3) In tha Shaping Tab uyou'll see a long list of iReal_Ocean morph shaping sliders to change the ocean shape in any of the shaping presets in 2) are not to your liking. Notice in the Scene tab that I loaded the 'Animated Ocean Sample-Scene-Template and that it has loaded the same ocean model 4 times and adjusted them so that it looks like a bigger ocean model. Also notice I have selected one quadrant of those 4 ocean models and moust adjust all 4 to suit my render. Also note the same sliders to adjust ocean shape are available in the Parameters tab.

So you don't need to use any animation system at all to use those if animateLite is no longer free.

2.png
    1915 x 1047 - 712K
    Post edited by nonesuch00 on

good luck

I'm going to need it. Maybe.  I have just figured out the grid. I really need to know what Iray sky (and far off horizon) works with it best

I would start with

Sun & Sky 

SS Latitude 30

SS Longitute -82

SS Day 18/06/22 (1st Day of Summer)

SS Time 09:00:00 AM

SS UTC -5  

and then adjust the hour of the day early than 9:00 and later than 9:00 AM according to the time you want your render to be in.

If there is a big grey bar for the ground in your rrender change:

SS Horizon Height 0.00

to successively more negative numbers: eg -0.1 then -0.2, ... I think -1.0 is as small as you can make it.

• Merged threads - and please make sure you include the information in the body of the post, not just in the subject line.