Terra-Tropolis: where's the "included" instructions?

manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
edited June 2018 in Daz Studio Discussion

i knew that this was rather a product for bryce in the first place, but on both store page & product library, it's mentioned that it can be used in DS too:

What's Included

Features

• Thirty-one Cityscape Terrain Presets Based on High-Resolution Height Maps (OBP)
  • Thirty-one Displacement Maps for use in Poser 5/6 and DAZ|Studio (JPG)
  • Instructions on Applying the Displacement Maps in Poser 5/6 and DAZ|Studio

now since i don't have bryce, DIM won't install - not further a problem, it's downloaded and in the DIM download folder. but all i see are the maps - no pdf or whatever instructions... anyone has an idea either where they are, or how to use the maps properly? besides creating a plane and using the height maps in the disp channel. like, how fine (how many segments) the plane mesh is supposed to be, is sub necessary, how big should the plane be to make sense, what the percentage in the disp channel ... etc.

Post edited by manekiNeko on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,924

it is probably expected to be 3Delight based too

I myself would just use the maps in a terrain program and export the mesh

For free options Terragen is one, Unity and Unreal game engines, Blender 3D will all do it but honestly Bryce is cheap has a DAZ studio bridge and does it more easily.

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
    thanks for your reply! i actually have terragen free and haven't even thought of using those maps there *facepalm*. been planning on getting bryce for ages, waiting for a bargain tho since it's not a priority. meanwhile.. i'd still love to hear about those "included" instructions...