G8F hip/pelvis distortion

Hi,

I have a recuring issue with G8F hip/pelvis as per my screen grab. I'm not sure why only G8F is effected as G3F is fine. Anyone got any ideas of whats up?

Post edited by cottrellitunes on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,061

You can't post a pic with a nude figure in the forums unless you set your viewport to smooth shaded view.

As for the problem you have, is that a default G8F figure?
    If you look in the "currently used" section, are there parameters with non-zero values? (especially hidden morphs)

• All zero and is the default figure. Well not all zero as it a default pose and thus some deviation.

Sorry if you were offended by the nudity is that a forum rule?

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited June 2018

Yes. Take the texture off or put clothes on the figure before the mods see it.

https://www.daz3d.com/terms-of-service

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • Corrected albeit no solution to issue as of yet

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

Sometimes a base figure can get slightly 'corrupted' by an installed morph. I've read threads on it. Unfortunately, I can't recall the solution off hand (I think it involves uninstalling/reinstalling/looking for the stuff that included the bad morph).

For me, Base G8F poses fine (see attached).

Also, I don't think black bars are acceptable, according to the forum rules: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279/acceptable-ways-of-handling-nudity#latest

g8fpose1.PNG
    622 x 602 - 133K
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited June 2018

with the parameters tab selected (as it is in the first image), highlight currently used.

You may have to show hidden properties; right click on the parameter's tab.

that should display what is in use including those normally hidden; it may be as something as simple as a morph being included that shouldn't be.

... Of course, it could also be something not included that should.

It looks like something is messed up with your install; it can happen rarely for no apparent reason; more often, users have saved something or deleted something. It happens when we're trying stuff. :)

As explained above, it can also be an installed morph.

Has it previously worked? What have you installed recently, if it did previously work?

You may have to try:

Uninstall everything (delete the folders if they are still there. REMEMBER: save anything custom you have in there first)

Install the essentials so you can load G8F, then apply the pose; there should be no issues. Then you install items a few at a time, and check.

Close studio down during install.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,061
    edited June 2018

I was not offended, it's simply against the TOS.

So there's no morph listed at all under "currently used"?

Post edited by Leana on