Exporting to Unity issue with white eyes

I'm having the same issue as many people with exporting a model (toon generations 2) to Unity.  The eyes are white and I can't seem to get them to appear correctly using other methods people have used in all my searches.  Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this?

Here is a screenshot of the model in Unity: https://www.evernote.com/l/AEjxA9l0_6BAboWdDxJGY023WP5CF_zbrco

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Just change those materials to use the image maps supplied by 3DU that have the iris & rest of the eyes on them.

• I'm new to both of these.  Where would I be doing that?  In DAZ or Unity and how?

edited June 2018

I'm new to both of these.  Where would I be doing that?  In DAZ or Unity and how?

You'd be doing it in Unity by clicking on the target to the left of the word albedo (means same as diffuse in DAZ Studio) to open a dialogue file chooser and choosing the texture you see in that list on the snap shot you posted.

It's sort of boring but you probably should do take time to read the turtorial available on Unity's learn section and do the appropriate ones to get you up to speed in Unity.

https://unity3d.com/learn

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • That's what's weird though.  The 'Irises' have a texture on them so they're good.  The 'Cornea' and 'EyeMoisture' don't have a texture in DAZ and so they shouldn't in Unity.  So to me it seems like the iris texture would be there but it's being blocked by the 'EyeMoisture' or 'Cornea' somehow.  I'd read up more in Untities documentation but I can't find anything to really help with this.

That's what's weird though.  The 'Irises' have a texture on them so they're good.  The 'Cornea' and 'EyeMoisture' don't have a texture in DAZ and so they shouldn't in Unity.  So to me it seems like the iris texture would be there but it's being blocked by the 'EyeMoisture' or 'Cornea' somehow.  I'd read up more in Untities documentation but I can't find anything to really help with this.

No, they are materials aka in DAZ Studio, Surfaces, and every material / surface may or may not have a texture but they are exported because shaders can render materials without textures.

You can also change their material, I believe if you change it to opaque and adjust how much opaqueness percentage they have, rather than assigning a texture to them, it'll make them clear like is to be expected from water & the cornea. It's been a while since I done it but I think that is how I do it.

• Thank you for your help with this.  So I ended up took the color of the eyeMoisture and set the alpha to 0.  Then I went to the Cornea and added the texture and then had to offset the texture to show in the eye.  Whew!  Thanks for helping me get to this point. I really appreciate it.

Thank you for your help with this.  So I ended up took the color of the eyeMoisture and set the alpha to 0.  Then I went to the Cornea and added the texture and then had to offset the texture to show in the eye.  Whew!  Thanks for helping me get to this point. I really appreciate it.

Good, I remember changing the alpha but I always get transparent & opague confused.