DAZStudio 4.10.0.123 Start Up Crash

Was hoping to get a little help with the new release of Studio failing to launch. Previous versions have never been a problem.

I submitted a crash report to Daz but they weren't much help. The first thing I was told to try was fixing nested directories. When I replied Studio creates them by default and asked if I should change the install path I was told "Unfortunately, nested directories are beyond our support boundaries. You will need to do some research on your end on how to resolve this. " So their product creates them but they won't provide guidance on resolving this step in the easter egg hunt.

If it's any help, here's the last few lines of the AppData/Roaming/Daz 3d/Studio 4 log.txt file:
2018-06-23 13:58:25.993 Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport1.
2018-06-23 13:58:26.072 Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport2.
2018-06-23 13:58:26.118 Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport3.
2018-06-23 13:58:26.165 Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport4.
2018-06-23 13:58:26.228 Creating Action Manager...
2018-06-23 13:58:26.243 WARNING: QString::arg: Argument missing: Adds vertices that collide at the beginning of the simulation to the selected mesh vertices, dForce

Windows 10 machine with 12GB of ram and an Nvidia GT730 graphics card.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• DS does not create nested content directories. Did support tell you which directories were at issue?

• One thing to check is your driver version - your GT 730 is still supported, though it is marked as deprecated which means support will be dropped in a forthconming version of Iray, so it should not be a problem with suitable drivers.

• sinbadsinbad Posts: 22
    edited June 2018

Thanks for the quick reply Richard.

This is what was provided to me:

WARNING: general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(1820): Nested directory encountered while adding a content folder: C:/Users/Chase Lounge/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library : C:/Users/Chase Lounge/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio

That was using the defualt installation paths.

Edite to add: Drivers are the most recent from the Nvidia site.

Post edited by sinbad on
  • C:/Users/Chase Lounge/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio would not have been added by DS and should not be set as a content diectory. DS 3 used C:/Users/Chase Lounge/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content and DS 4 C:/Users/Chase Lounge/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library as the default, neither used the root Studio folder. You can easily remove them from DS by right-clicking on their entries under Daz Studio Formats, Poser Formats, and Other Import Formats, but you need to make sure there is no content there (from oddly packed/documented freebies for example).

I removed all traces that I could find for the install. The entries in the DAZ install file (where Hexagon and Bryce paths are).

All folders and registry entries. I will try and install it once again and see what happens.

Still no joy. Crashes and gives:
    DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\k127153.inf_amd64_364f43f2a27f7bd7\igdrclneo64.dll" at 0033:000000005A700819, clGetKernelSubGroupInfoKHR()+50697 byte(s)

And the generated file is attached.

zip
    zip
    DAZStudio_error_report_180625-211253.zip
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,151
    edited June 2018

That's a driver for integrated Intel GPU - do you have one of those in your CPU? Someone else was having problems like that, even though they seemed to have DS set to use the nVidia GPU. You might want to see this thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/243216/getting-a-fatal-error-on-launch-solved

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Thank you Richard.
    I had the Nvidia control panel settings for Studio already. Going by that other thread renaming the dll did the trick. I can now launch Studio successfully. 

Once again thank you for the help.