Pose Controls Missing

Sorry - but I kee on running into issues, that as a total Newbie to Daz, I am unable to figure out on my own.

I am learning to pose a character, but when I click on the hand of the Gemesis 3 female, I only get option under Transforms for Rotation and Scale, but not Pose Controls.

How can I load the Pose Controls?

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Pose Controls are in their own Tab on the right hand side of DAZ Studio by default.

Shaping Controls are in there own Tab on the right hand side of DAZ Studio by default (this is one place where you can change Genesis 3 Female to Toon Generations 2 female)

Before those controls work the character you want to change has to be selected in the Scene Tab which is in the top right hand corner of DAZ studio by default.

• AnneWertheimAnneWertheim Posts: 135

I found those, but I am puzzled that I don't seem to have the Pose Controls, nor am I able to change the Genesis characters into Toon characters in Shaping Controls. Nthing happens when I move the dial up or down in "Toon Generations Figure"

• Some, at least, of the PoseControls (which should appear as a group in the Parameters pane, not just in the Pose pane) are in the Body Morphs pack rather than the free base figure.

edited June 2018

I found those, but I am puzzled that I don't seem to have the Pose Controls, nor am I able to change the Genesis characters into Toon characters in Shaping Controls. Nothing happens when I move the dial up or down in "Toon Generations Figure"

That is because in the Scene Tab I was telling you about you haven't selected the Toons Generation figure you are trying to change. The Scene Tab is by default on the top right hand corner of DAZ Studio

Also, like Richard said sometimes there are shaping or posing controls that are only in the Parameters Tab, also by default on the right hand side of DAZ Studio, but most times, most of those controls are in their individual tabs for Shaping or Posing although these will also be in the Parameters tab too, although it can be confusing there if a control is a shaping or a posing control.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • AnneWertheimAnneWertheim Posts: 135

That makes sense. I just loaded Michael, for whom I have all the morphs and for this character I am able to pose his hand.

Thanks!

That makes sense. I just loaded Michael, for whom I have all the morphs and for this character I am able to pose his hand.

Thanks!

By the way, you can load Genesis 3 Male, Genesis 3 Female, Victoria 7, Michael 7 and select which of those you want to turn into a Toon Generations 2 character by selecting that character in the Scene Tab and then go to the Shaping Tab and look for the Toon Generations 2 shaping controls and adjust the controls. There will be multiple controls you'll see for Toon Generations 2 shapes and also other shapes, like Michael 7 and Victoria 7. However, you will only see the male shapes for male characters you have loaded and female shapes for female characters you have loaded you can not switch a male to female or vice versa.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

By the way, in case you haven't watched them already, take a look at the free tutorial videos: https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-daz-3d-video-tutorials

• I have also discovered that in some cases, not all pose controls are there.

There is a certain set of body mods I am using and there are a number of sliders not present when I select my model, or I select the area I wish to mod and then activate the 'posing' tab. I've discovered that if I select the model and hit the 'parameters' tab those missing tabs reappear.