What is happening with the Victoria Birthday Sale?

I have noticed over the past couple of days items disappearing from the sale despite the promotion running until June 25th 2018.

Some items I have purchased have now totally gone from the sale, and a couple I wish-listed yesterday to purchase today are now back to full price!

Why, and who is 'pulling' these products?

indecision

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

we would need to see some detail in order to investigate.

• SPACECHIMPSPACECHIMP Posts: 212

This happened to me too with quite a few products The Altern8 shader and these product https://www.daz3d.com/bonbon-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8-females are ones I remember

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Yes, I was all set to buy the Altern8 even though I don't particuarly need it there are lots of tone mapping presets and it was a nice price,

• MusicplayerMusicplayer Posts: 515

This happened to me too with quite a few products The Altern8 shader and these product https://www.daz3d.com/bonbon-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8-females are ones I remember

Yes, unfortunately I didn't take any screens shots but The Alternate8 shader was pulled and I noticed several other items were still in that particular sale category yesterday but had been adjusted to full price. Others that were to be 60 or 70% off were adjusted to 40% off whilst still remaining in the higher percentage off category....others just disappeared, it really became a chaotic mess.

https://www.daz3d.com/miriam-hd--signature-smile-hd-expression-for-genesis-8-female was down from $29.95 by 50% and so was https://www.daz3d.com/sahel-hd-signature-smile-hd-expression-for-genesis-8-female which I had placed in my wish-list....both now gone from sale and back to full price.

Sadly there were so many more, but I didn't take note of them because I didn't expect them to disappear or be pulled from the sale.

indecision

Chohole said:

we would need to see some detail in order to investigate.

Thanks Chohole, I see SPACECHIMP also saw the same thing. (Thanks for adding your comment SPACECHIMP)

I feel yesterday there was almost a 'scramble' of things being removed or readjusted as the day progressed.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

Items were included in the sale mistakenly; so, they were pulled. It happens. As it stands today, there's still a ton of quite new stuff at March Madness (or better) prices. I don't remember any other Victoria getting a first birthday sale like that. Altern8 was only 2 months old, but it was already being offered at cheaper than Flash prices. Vendors are having a hard enough time without situations like that.

@nonesuch00, I'd say that Altern8 is a whole lot more than a tonemapping utility. It really is primarily a skin shader system, I think, and it does a great job adding realism to some skins, but I had to go through all the presets to see which ones worked the best on my favorite skins. In one case, I just saved out and used the Lips and Mouth surfaces that were processed.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074
    edited June 2018

@Musicplayer "Some items I have purchased have now totally gone from the sale"

If you have purchased an item, then return to the page, the purchased item will be removed since "hide items I have purchased" is the default for the store display.

Post edited by fastbike1 on
    edited June 2018
    fastbike1 said:

@Musicplayer "Some items I have purchased have now totally gone from the sale"

If you have purchased an item, then return to the page, the purchased item will be removed since "hide items I have purchased" is the default for the store display.

Yes, I agree this happens, so I unchecked the box, but they had gone, and were back at full price, but thanks for the suggestion. I think we are now beginning to get an idea what happened.

smiley

Post edited by Musicplayer on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139

If you look at the url's for the V8 Non-PC+ and PC+ sales, they are supposed to be selectd items pre-2018 - Altern8, Miriam and Sahel were all released this year, so I guess they were originally put in the sale by mistake.

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246

Regarding Altern8 I was taken aback when I saw it in the sale initially.  It's in my wishlist waiting for a sale but this was nuts. Of course it went in my cart. But it was late and I wanted more time to go through everythign so I went to bed and in the morning it was full price.  I figured "well that was a mistake, makes sense" and I was kinda glad I didn't quasi-cheat the creator with a glitch price. 

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    xyer0 said:

Vendors are having a hard enough time without situations like that.

Some people might argue that it is better to sell 10 items at 30% reduction than 0 (zero) at full price...

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686
    xyer0 said:

Vendors are having a hard enough time without situations like that.

Some people might argue that it is better to sell 10 items at 30% reduction than 0 (zero) at full price...

I would concur with THAT opinion, but I would not say that it is better to sell 30 copies of a relatively new item at 78% reduction than 10 copies at 30% reduction.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

this sale is gonna be running thru another fridsurpriseay paycheq  eek

over 40 items in my cart right now  omg  need to get a life

• studio 3xlstudio 3xl Posts: 78

All of the gen 7 female HD add on products are showing up on sale at 79% off except the Victoria 7 HD  add on shows that it is only 30% off. Shouldn’t Victoria 7 be listed at 79% off as well?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322

All of the gen 7 female HD add on products are showing up on sale at 79% off except the Victoria 7 HD  add on shows that it is only 30% off. Shouldn’t Victoria 7 be listed at 79% off as well?

A similar situation also exists for Victoria 8 HD. All the other female Genesis 8 HD have the extra discount but Victoria 8 HD only has the 30% PC+ discount.

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047
    edited June 2018

I'm not surprised by this, as this isn't the first time something like this has happened.

As others pointed out, sometimes signals get crossed r.e. what items should be included in the sale, or other issues (usage rights, etc.) may crop up, which necessitates removing the offending items from the sale.

This is why not jumping on a sale immediately has it's ups and downs.  The upside is that any glitches may get resolved eventually, the downside is that 'windows of opportunity' for better deals on items than was intended may go away.

Sometimes discounts do go the other way as well, but of course you can always submit a ticket to customer service for the 'overcharged' amount if you become aware of it.

I'm not sure what Daz's policy is on such mistakes (i.e. does the PA that has unintended items included in a sale get a credit for the difference), as I'm not a PA.  Nonetheless, in my mind I'd think that Daz would 'make this right' with said PA, utlizing Daz's portion of the split on ALL items sold in the store (not just any particular sale, I'm talking the gross sales here) to make up the difference.

That's what I'd do anyways, if I was in charge of Customer Service, and that's why I don't feel bad if I end up getting a better deal than I was supposed to on an item.

Daz 3D makes a LOT of money off of us, so I'm not worried at all about Daz possibly going out of business in the near or not so near future.  They have a HUGE library of products at this point, which can appeal to a wide variety of interests, so unless they suddenly raise their prices into the stratosphere, thus pricing most of us out of this hobby, yeah not going anywhere...

cheeky

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • youri_zyouri_z Posts: 150

Yes, unfortunately I didn't take any screens shots but The Alternate8 shader was pulled and I noticed several other items were still in that particular sale category yesterday but had been adjusted to full price. Others that were to be 60 or 70% off were adjusted to 40% off whilst still remaining in the higher percentage off category....others just disappeared, it really became a chaotic mess.

https://www.daz3d.com/miriam-hd--signature-smile-hd-expression-for-genesis-8-female was down from $29.95 by 50% and so was https://www.daz3d.com/sahel-hd-signature-smile-hd-expression-for-genesis-8-female which I had placed in my wish-list....both now gone from sale and back to full price.

Sadly there were so many more, but I didn't take note of them because I didn't expect them to disappear or be pulled from the sale.

indecision

The discount on Miriam HD and Sahel HD had nothing to do with the Victoria Birthday Sale. Bluejaunte was a Featured Artist during the “All That Jazz” sale that just ended (50% off with no additional purchase required) and not included in the birthday sale, probably to avoid stacking discounts.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

It doesn't matter really, if one wasn't going to buy the item at full price anyway & they didn't get it in the mistaken sale price well they just wait till it's on sale at a price they'll pay or they don't buy it.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760

Noticed that some V3 Digitimes stuff that was in the birthday sale dropped out of it today, just as his catalog came up for sale separately.   Why would I buy the Fantasy Skins at 40% off when I just had them in my cart at 70% off?       

youri_z said:

indecision

The discount on Miriam HD and Sahel HD had nothing to do with the Victoria Birthday Sale. Bluejaunte was a Featured Artist during the “All That Jazz” sale that just ended (50% off with no additional purchase required) and not included in the birthday sale, probably to avoid stacking discounts.

Thank you youri_z for posting this reply, I didn't realise Miriam and Sahel had been part of a different sale, and although I may be mistaken, I'm sure I had picked them out from the Victoria Birthday Celebration section. Maybe they were included until their 50% promotion ended the day after I had bought Miriam.

I like the bluejaunte characters, so have put them in my wishlist and will wait for another 50% sale or similar deal. indecision

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,731

This one just dropped out of the 70% category. It's a DO so looks like an error to me:

https://www.daz3d.com/vyk-sydney 

Taoz said:

This one just dropped out of the 70% category. It's a DO so looks like an error to me:

Looks like all vyktohria's stuff in the Victoria sale has dropped out of the 70% category because her store is in the Pushing The Limits sale.

Taoz said:
    Taoz said:

Looks like all vyktohria's stuff in the Victoria sale has dropped out of the 70% category because her store is in the Pushing The Limits sale.

Yep. But like with the other examples it now results in lower discounts than we had when it was in the Victoria sale. no

edited June 2018
    Taoz said:
    Taoz said:

Yep. But like with the other examples it now results in lower discounts than we had when it was in the Victoria sale. no

Yes, and the extra 20% some are getting is lost too.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I wish Daz would simply PLAN AHEAD and don't put vendors in a sale if you're going to have to pull them, or put when that vendor's products will expire from the sale. 

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    Novica said:

I wish Daz would simply PLAN AHEAD and don't put vendors in a sale if you're going to have to pull them, or put when that vendor's products will expire from the sale. 

A company planning ahead? What a ridiculous thought... devil

• alan bard newcomeralan bard newcomer Posts: 2,106
    edited June 2018

this was in the V6 stuff and in my cart but as I continued to add stuff and reloaded the cart it's price went up .. trippled almost
    the Morphing Tuxedo bundle.. the Merchant Resource Genesis 2 Females Starter Suits
    and some kind of Military outfit set .. which was okay at $3 but not at $9 
    ---
    the skin alternatives in the bottom row were a set that disappeared

---
    as a book publisher and book seller who used to sell at SF conventions  I have had someone pull a book off the table open the flyleaf to the $3 price that I paid for that $50 dollar book and yep, I ate the loss... because put out at that price without properly checking the pricing

skin 459.jpg
    1284 x 468 - 466K
    Post edited by alan bard newcomer on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

couple things got too heavy for my cart and tipped off

Mistara said:

couple things got too heavy for my cart and tipped off

A bunch of things fell off mine.

• studio 3xlstudio 3xl Posts: 78

Please help! I have never bought and used a gift card here before, but I decided to take advantage of the 10% coupon and bought one to use on the Victoria Birthday Sale. The problem is that I didn’t get a GC Code to use to redeem the card. There is a number under manual download on the invoice, but that doesn’t work. I didn’t receive an email from DAZ  with a code to use, and now I can’t make my purchase. What am I doing wrong?